Finally, a PI Intake to a Non-PI Heads Adaptor Kit!

• Sponsors (?)

$500!!!

It's a neat idea for those who dont want to jump knee deep into a build, but get real. If you are patient enough, you could do a PI headswap for around that much. Hell you could find a complete PI motor in the neighborhood of $500.

I thought it was better to not use adapter plates? There was a discussion a while back, about how the adapter plates raised the injectors and therefore altered the spray characteristics...

Anyway, I installed my PI intake using just PI gaskets and a dab of RTV silicone for the two water jackets and it's working fine for me!

Livernois' kit would be okay as they machine the intake so that the injectors are placed in the original spot. Partially the reasoning for the cost. Personally though, what I used the PI gaskets and RTV around the coolant ports. Never had any issues when I ran my car that way or any of the cars I did afterwards.

Edit:

Oh and Livernois started offering those in 2004...

Yup, I looked into this when doing my PI intake swap.The Livernois kit is a bit on the expensive side for my budget, so I decided on the tried and true RTV trick.
No problems to report, and I am happy as anything.

Now to find the time for PI cams/new valve seals... :D