Finally getting gears put in! 3 Quick questions...

mike93lx

May 22, 2003
Hudson, MA
I'm finally going to get gears done in my mustang. As of right now, I'm planning 3.73's but I have to do a little more math to make sure its my best bet. while the gears are getting done, i'll have the t-lock rebuilt and new seals, bearings, etc. done.

1. Is Pro 5.0 still the only company that makes 3.90's? (they were the last time I was on this board 2 years ago)

2. Is it worth getting a new diff cover?

3. C-Clip eliminator? I plan on running either ET Street Radials or ET Streets this season in search of some decent times. should I consider eliminating the c clip?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure on the gears but an aftermarket cover is nice because not only does it have drain and fill plugs, but the one from TA like i have features main cap supports which is nice. You arent gonna be making enough power to have to worry about needeing c clip eliminators. ;)

my car after i converted to a T5 was too high geared with some 3:45's for my kinda daily driving, first gear was barely useable, i would consider some 3:55's(i'm on my way to some 3:27's, they came stock in most crown vic's)..and all the stuff you mentioned can be done in your own garage with basic tools in a weekend, provided you have good instructions

~Mark~

i'm a little nervous about doing gears myself...i'd hate to have screwed something up for the sake of $200.

its not a daily driver. weekends and strip only. I might put 3-4000 miles on it this year, so I want to gear it to maximize strip performance, and i'm starting to lean towards 4.10's actually.

thanks for the input everyone!