Progress Thread Finally got my first Fox Body - 1988 GT

• Sponsors (?)

:oops:
IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6290.jpeg
Good to see you pushing forward on the car! Obviously family priorities come first (a lot of us have been there already) but glad to see you’re keeping the car hobby going. We need to keep transferring it to the next generations.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
Good to see you pushing forward on the car! Obviously family priorities come first (a lot of us have been there already) but glad to see you’re keeping the car hobby going. We need to keep transferring it to the next generations.
Thanks man. :cool:
IMG_6083.jpeg

Uploaded my latest Vlog a couple of days ago, documenting wrapping up the hood latch issue. Thanks to everyone who told me how to do this in a way that my ADHD brain (eventually) understood.

View: https://youtu.be/0G2ROH6r0PA

I’m open to suggestions on hood pins if anyone thinks that would be a good route to go to avoid this happening again in the future potentially, lol.

Wow you remind me of ME!!!
giving the 'hood pin' thing some thought, I'd say do it, the hood is fiberglass and prone to cracking with age.
Ain't nothin scarier than a sudden loss of frontal view at speed.
Oh and nice repair job on that hood striker.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Please for the love of god do not put old school hood pins on that car.

Just realized that the link was to a hood pin. I thought it was an oddly placed ad at first and didn’t even think to click on it. Just looked up an install video on YouTube and that looks a little intimidating with the dremmeling the shape into the hood O_O

Any inputs on above panel vs below panel?

Haven't updated this or spent much time on any forums the last few months. I had to start going back to the office so I've had a lot less garage time recently. The only "major" development on the Fox Mustang recently was that I confirmed the battery was kaput. A few weeks ago I tried to use it to take my dog to a vet appointment. Stopped at a gas station 5 min down the road from my house and after adding a few gallons of gas, I went to start the car again and it was completely dead. I had a tow truck driver come to the gas station and he was actually able to jump start it with his crazy powerful battery pack thing.
IMG_0612.jpg

I still ended up taking the battery to Auto Zone and they tried to charge but could only get it charged like 70 something percent and said there was a dead cell or something like that. I ended up getting an all new battery and it's been fine the few times I've been able to drive the car. I've added a few random vlogs from the garage to my YouTube channel on the issue. Here's one of the more recent ones:

View: https://youtu.be/QObJVy0ClEQ?si=WLHWO4PawBsNZskv

On a non-Fox but still car-related note, I actually took delivery of my newest vehicle a few weeks ago:
IMG_1843.jpg IMG_1844.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg IMG_1175.jpg

2023 Hyundai Elantra N - 6 speed manual, 2.0L turbo with 276 HP/289 lb. ft TQ. Front wheel drive but shockingly fun to drive. :D

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

Reactions: 3 users
Haven't updated this or spent much time on any forums the last few months. I had to start going back to the office so I've had a lot less garage time recently. The only "major" development on the Fox Mustang recently was that I confirmed the battery was kaput. A few weeks ago I tried to use it to take my dog to a vet appointment. Stopped at a gas station 5 min down the road from my house and after adding a few gallons of gas, I went to start the car again and it was completely dead. I had a tow truck driver come to the gas station and he was actually able to jump start it with his crazy powerful battery pack thing.
IMG_0612.jpg

I still ended up taking the battery to Auto Zone and they tried to charge but could only get it charged like 70 something percent and said there was a dead cell or something like that. I ended up getting an all new battery and it's been fine the few times I've been able to drive the car. I've added a few random vlogs from the garage to my YouTube channel on the issue. Here's one of the more recent ones:

View: https://youtu.be/QObJVy0ClEQ?si=WLHWO4PawBsNZskv

On a non-Fox but still car-related note, I actually took delivery of my newest vehicle a few weeks ago:
IMG_1843.jpg IMG_1844.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg IMG_1175.jpg

2023 Hyundai Elantra N - 6 speed manual, 2.0L turbo with 276 HP/289 lb. ft TQ. Front wheel drive but shockingly fun to drive. :D

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

Any updates on the fox? Congrats on your new car. I like it.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user