Finally Got The 351 In The Car

robert fugate

Oct 1, 2012
valdosta ga
20140301_205553.jpg
Its a stock bottom 351w afr 205. comp cams xfi 248hr-13. BBK long tubes and h-pipe.
Tried to take it our yesterday and my csi electric waterpump went out.. :(

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Man! We should have been seeing a build thread on this thing! Looks awesome. Can't wait to see some HP numbers and track times.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
I have a million pics on the car. It was the first car i ever owned over 16 years ago. I did re-ring the bottom end and bearings.. Rods had the football shaped rod bolts. I'll dig through my pics and make a thread or just continue this one i suppose.

So my garage was broken into monday and the car was vandalized. To the point that the insurance adjuster said it would be totaled. (Ex-wife im sure) Now i had full coverage on it aswell as $4000 in specialty parts. Was just called this morning and was told they would not be filing a claim because it was a race car. Now I have a tag on it and its 100% street legal. But because I have a roll-cage and racing seat bealts in the car she said it was no longer a street car. So looking though my specialty parts policy

Customized Equipment
Customized Equipment coverage is optional in this state. If you buy this coverage, you must also buy Comprehensive and Collision coverage.

What's covered?
You should consider purchasing Customized Equipment coverage if your vehicle has permanently installed custom parts or equipment other than those installed by the original manufacturer. Examples of customized equipment include:
View attachment 118338 Any dealer-installed equipment that is not offered by the original manufacturer
View attachment 118339 Special equipment on vehicles, vans, and trucks, including: running boards, brush bars, roll bars, undercarriage lighting, fog lights, bed liners, camper shells, trailer hitches, etc.
View attachment 118340 Customized wheels, spoilers, suspensions or performance-related equipment
View attachment 118341 Stereo, sound recording, and television equipment
View attachment 118342 Customized paint or decals
How much protection does this coverage provide?
Within the limits you select in your quote, this coverage reimburses you for the lowest amount of the following: the actual cash value, the declared value, or the actual cost to repair.

Who might benefit from buying Customized Equipment coverage?
Without this coverage, your policy covers only the original equipment included by the manufacturer. If your vehicle has additional equipment, accessories, enhancements, or changes that alter the appearance or performance of the vehicle, it's advisable that you buy additional coverage for these items.

Now this is Esurance I have which is now owned by Allstate. So My advice to anyone with either of the 2 companys is to get out now! I have contacted a lawyer, and I'll keep you guys up to date. I will be making a build thread once all this is resolved.. Stay tuned

Wow. That's really uncool.

Fwiw, I'll let you in on a little fun I had with State Farm recently. They said you should apply for our classic car insurance since your car (Project Shocker) is 25 years old. Your coverage will go UP and your premiums will go DOWN. I'm like, fricken right doggy. So I went through the whole (extensive) application process.

Long Story short- they saw the car, denied my application, and DROPPED MY EXISTING POLICY on the car. Buttholes. Looks like Grundy is in my future.

Fwiw, I'll let you in on a little fun I had with State Farm recently. They said you should apply for our classic car insurance since your car (Project Shocker) is 25 years old. Your coverage will go UP and your premiums will go DOWN. I'm like, fricken right doggy. So I went through the whole (extensive) application process.

Long Story short- they saw the car, denied my application, and DROPPED MY EXISTING POLICY on the car. Buttholes. Looks like Grundy is in my future.

Cancel ALL of your insurance through them. House, auto, everything.

wow man that really is terrible. I hear you on the ex wife- been there done that. I hope you filed a police report and your lawyer can make you whole. My advice- do not post about this again until the ordeal is settled. Don't talk about it to anyone and I mean anyone but your lawyer. These bastards will scrounge social media and message boards for anything that can get them off the hook or use against you.

Grundy FTW, I was honest with the guy and said that the car will be raced at the track occasionally and they had me sign a disclaimer saying that it will not be covered between the two walls of the track but the rest of the policy will stand. So far nothing but good things from these guys and only 323$ a year for 40k agreed value.