Finally got the top end rebuilt

90STANGPONY

Feb 16, 2008
Hey everyone I finally got the top end rebuilt and it runs GREAT! I still need to and pull the tranny coming up to swap the clutch and the rear main seal, but until then its nice cruisin for me. I will try to make some time for a cruise coming up. I cant remember who drives the 94-94 all blue gt. I pulled up behind him over by sunnyside and 51st tonight when I went for a test drive. I think I met him when we had the northenders cruise to the go cart track a few months back. Whoever it is, it still sounds great. I will keep everyone posted on the progress from here on out.:D :nice: :D

• Sponsors (?)

I do all the work myself. I have been working on fox's for quite a few years now. I only replaced the lifters, rocker arms and push rods for now because I am trying to save cash. I also rebuilt all of the injectors (o-rings and seals). Now I just need to pull the tranny and replace the rear main and the clutch. I bought the car for $1000 with a really loud lifter tap and I found out after pulling them out that 2 were completely screwed. One had a crack and it was flat on one side of the roller. I was able to do all the work for under $200 and it runs great now. I will put a new motor and tranny in the car either next summer or the following one.