finally got to drive my car after tranny swap

toplessmustang

Aug 2, 2004
kentucky
as some of you may have read i just swapped my aode for a t-5. i just went for my first drive :banana: . i'm so friggin happy, the car feels like it has way more power. much more fun to drive. now how do i get my speedometer right, i need to know what speedo gear to get.

• Sponsors (?)

Possibly some bad news for ya....Where did you get your tranny from? Do you know if you have a 7 or 8 tooth speedo drive gear? If you have a 7 tooth your fine, but if you have an 8 tooth...I would recommend swapping to a seven tooth and that would have been a lot easier with the tranny out. Anyways, if you have a 3.55 or higher ratio you will need the 7 tooth dirve gear in order to keep from using the dreaded 23 tooth white driven gear (wich gets chewed up pretty easily because the teeth are so thin). But yea theres are many companies that sell the the gears you will need and there is usually a chart on there website for the right drive and driven gears. Just look it up its not hard to find.

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA,

I can't hear you....

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA,

Damn AODE's......

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA,

:rlaugh: