Finally got to dyno with the N2O today

slvrbullit302

Jan 6, 2004
Alabama
Went to the dyno today to see what the stand is making on the bottle, lets just say that it leaves some to be desired. any way the first two pulls are N/A

pull 1 14* timing
rwhp 264
rwtq 303
a/f 14.5:1

Pull 2 14* timing and +2# fuel press.
rwhp 269
rwtq 304
a/f 13.5:1

Pull 3 10* timing and 100 shot
rwhp 331
rwtq 400
a/f 11.8:1 to 12.5:1

Somewhere along the line the motor is eating 40hp of my nitrous, cant figure it out. Oh well scrapping this motor next two weeks and dropping in a built out tha arse 306 ready to ingest lots of nitrous.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah man...got 100 torque outta it. i never really thought that a 75 shot of nitrous actually gave you 75hp and 150 and so on. i always thought it was around 2/3 - 3/4 of what it says. just what i was told tho

NOS dry kit.

On the completely stock motor with the same kit it made an increase of 98rwhp and 160 rwtq.

As for the motor numbers being low, the rings in this motor did not seat so it has major blowby issues, I have to ziptie the dip stick in the tube at teh moment. That is the main reason the motor is comming back out in a couple weeks.

Well man sounds like a good run. Good to see the weather got better so you could go up there. My friends just got a Nos dry kit in yesterday. We putting it in if he ever gets it back. slvrbullit302 Its the same guy that I told you got his car locked up at the mercury dealership and couldnt get it back till the next day. So track this saturday is gonna be him with new headers,3.90's and Nos dry kit. To bad I can't drive mine cuase of clutch.

For comparison sake I got 86rwhp/125rwtq gain with an NOS dry "100hp" jetting, which equated to a 9/10's ET improvement and 9 mile an hour trap speed gain...

I went up to a 175 shot but haven't tried it on the dyno or the track yet.
But it sure is fun on the street. :nice: