Got the Mach tuned today...

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
So as you guys know, I just got my Mach back from having the top end rebuilt a few weeks back. Since I was unsure of the quality of my old tune from a different shop, I decided it was a good idea to have Shaun @ AED (Advanced Engine Development) retune the car. I wasn't looking for peak numbers, but good driveablity, & a safe, conservative tune with good power, & that is what I got. Shaun did a great job on the tune & I am pleased with the results...

With the only mods being full longtube back exhaust, C&L 85mm maf kit, 3/8" intake spacer, & the tune, the car laid down 309 rwhp & 323 rwtq ... Pretty good for a mild tune IMO... Thanks again Shaun & AED!!!

080.jpg

IDK why the printout says the air/fuel ratio was 11.8? The a/f was actually in the 12.5-12.8 range I believe....

BTW, with the old tune uploaded, the car made 301 rwhp & 320 rwtq, but it was with more timing, less fuel, & a bunch of other parameters where out of whack. Plus, the car always had a bad tip in ping issue

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet car man. Any indication as to why you had burnt valves in the first place? The car appears to be low-ish mileage and is obviously well maintained. I hope it lasts a nice long while before needing to be rebuilt again!

Sweet car man. Any indication as to why you had burnt valves in the first place? The car appears to be low-ish mileage and is obviously well maintained. I hope it lasts a nice long while before needing to be rebuilt again!

Well, I think it was a combo of a factory defect with the 32V heads, running a C&L maf without a tune for over a year, & a tune that wasnt that great after that... The car only has 55k miles currently. I hope it lasts long at this point...
That's awesome man! You're putting down to the wheels more than it was factory rated at the flywheel!

:nice:

Thanks bro... I was just thinking the same thing. I think a stock Mach typically throws down roughly 270-ish rwhp, & 290-ish rwtq, so IMO a 39rwhp gain, & 33rwtg gain is pretty good with nothing more than exhaust & an intake...

Hmm, AED I was thinking about having them work on my car. What was your overall experience with the guys. Through email they seem really nice but I want to make sure before I drop some dough.

Thanks

Oh and by the way your car put down nice numbers, I wish I had a 4v.

Hmm, AED I was thinking about having them work on my car. What was your overall experience with the guys. Through email they seem really nice but I want to make sure before I drop some dough.

Thanks

Oh and by the way your car put down nice numbers, I wish I had a 4v.

Thanks. :D

My overall experience with AED has been great. There isn't a better shop to take your car to in Northern California IMO. Their prices are not cheap, but well worth the money for the quality of workmanship. They also rebuilt the top end of my motor as well...

you only have exhaust? if so thats real good power, way more than Id expect a stockish mach1 to make, congrats!

The only power mods my car has is..

-Mac LT headers
-Mac o/r H pipe
-Bassani catback
-C&L 85 mm maf kit
-3/8" intake spacer

My numbers are actually very conservative & I have seen cars with the same mods put out 10-20 more hp, & a few more tq as well. IDK if their numbers are right, or if mine are low, but I know I'm happy with how the car runs...

Well, as long as I install cats before smog, I pass the sniffer, but visually, they don't pass in CA... LOL

So.... how do you get your car smoged, I really want longtubes but might have to go shorties ( I know they give me maybe 5 fwhp, but I am a sucker for the sound of headers) because their smog legal, ahhhhhhhhh. Or do you live in one of those special counties, hehehe.

I never had a problem with the sniffer but its always the damn visual which never makes sense

I mean smog has to do with emissions and not what you car looks like, stupid California.

Car sounds great, Dustin! Glad you have the car back up.

Does your fox have a 5 lug conversion on it? I was curious if you plan on running it at the track with the drags from the white car.

So.... how do you get your car smoged, I really want longtubes but might have to go shorties ( I know they give me maybe 5 fwhp, but I am a sucker for the sound of headers) because their smog legal, ahhhhhhhhh. Or do you live in one of those special counties, hehehe.

I never had a problem with the sniffer but its always the damn visual which never makes sense

I mean smog have to do with emissions and not what you car looks like, stupid California.

Well, lets just say I know a few places that overlook visual as long as you pass the sniffer...;)

Don't waist your time on shorties, they don't do much on N/A modulars. If your gonna spend the time installing headers, & believe me its no picnic on a modular, you might as well do the LT's...

Car sounds great, Dustin! Glad you have the car back up.

Does your fox have a 5 lug conversion on it? I was curious if you plan on running it at the track with the drags from the white car.

Thanks Mark...

The fox does have a 5 lug swap. I just test fitted the 15" summit pro star knock offs that I used on the fox, & surprisingly enough, they clear the rear Cobra brakes with no issues... So I will be out at the track within a few weeks in the Mach to try to knock off a 12 second pass...