Finally join the steed ranks

Dreadnaught

Aug 5, 2006
Hi everyone - Finally...I'm part of the Mustang crowd. Bought my first ever car, and I'm proud to say it is a Mustang. It's an 07 automatic sixer, black with the pony package. Pretty much bought a loaded interior, and I pretty much absolutely love it.

I'll be sure to post pictures when I get around to taking them!

Quick question - I know I read it somewhere on our forums but didn't have success using the search feature. My wheels are the 17'' premium painted cast aluminum - can I put meguiars wax on them or not?

• Sponsors (?)

Congratulations! You have been a member since 8/2006 and finally got that Stang! You made a nice choice for your first car.

As for your painted aluminum wheel question: If you use Meguiars brand products try Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. They claim it is safe for all factory, clear-coated and painted wheels.

I can't confirm nor deny their claim since I have never used this particular MeGuiars product. I do use Meguiars - Professional Series Products and have NEVER had a problem or negative experience with any of them. I have used their Gold Glass and have never had an issue either.

You will find a multitude of opinions on products and parts. Just remember to do the research and weed out the facts.

Be sure to post some pics of "Black" in your Stangnet Garage when you get some taken.

Thanks for the response Jenn,

I used Meguiars NXT line of products, along with several other Meguiars products on my previous car - which was a jeep =p and was 100% satisfied. As soon as we stop getting freezing fog here in the Texas Panhandle, I'm going to spend an entire day cleaning her. I'll be sure to post pics in my garage as soon as I take them.

Congratulations! You have been a member since 8/2006 and finally got that Stang! You made a nice choice for your first car.

As for your painted aluminum wheel question: If you use Meguiars brand products try Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. They claim it is safe for all factory, clear-coated and painted wheels.

I can't confirm nor deny their claim since I have never used this particular MeGuiars product. I do use Meguiars - Professional Series Products and have NEVER had a problem or negative experience with any of them. I have used their Gold Glass and have never had an issue either.

You will find a multitude of opinions on products and parts. Just remember to do the research and weed out the facts.

Be sure to post some pics of "Black" in your Stangnet Garage when you get some taken.
Hi, congrats and I can testify to the wheel cleaner from Meguiars, excellent product:hail2: