FINALLY!

Hey everyone! came home today with our 1969 mustang - First ever! Ive been wanting one for over a decade and my wife was always wanting one - looked online, and found a great deal!

The head gasket blew AS we drove out but nothing major. We will have ALOT of questions in the coming weeks :)

anyway here she is! NO rust in any quarter panel, shock towers, or hood wiper panel - these guys own a body shop and busy on a 69 fastback so we picked up a deal in excellent shape for our tiny budget :)

Had to use spare up front to get her rolling - stood for 2 years.

Attachments

• mustang-1.jpg
    mustang-1.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks!

Well so far we have redone the entire front suspension system with poly bushings and shocks - and front disc upgrade, basically the works.. Sprayed front with rubber liner (herculiner is gr8 stuff), rear shocks too - car drives great. I rebuilt the 3 speed toploader - clutch is shaking a bit at mild take off so not sure if i missed the pilot bearing or it flywheel has some runout.. Everything looked good - nothing glazed and machine marks visible on all parts, clutch plate was almost new so i slapped it all back in cos I just wanted it rolling. Busy planning a 302/351w stroker (cant decide yet).. snugged up the steering box - zero play now-

I need a power master cylinder with power for front disc/rear brake -

Shock towers in perfect condition - zero rust/cracks.

Wife and I have been very busy on the interior - new locks all round, rubber seals on windows, trim..

Windows are a royal pain - I will need to weld in a driver and passenger floor pan - and have NO idea how to connect the 3 point seatbelts (upper bolt) - I will prob start a new thread..

Paint job looks great but it needs to be redone - some rust / flaking at rear window- but otherwise body is VERY solid!