Firewall smoothing

RajunCajun

Nov 26, 2003
Ive been smoothing out various parts of the car shaving holes and filling in dimples.

thus far Ive known what most of the holes were for till I got to the firewall area which on my car didnt have anything installed on it (bassically a shell)

Was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the enginebay firewall area of all these things that are installed or can tell me from this picture I would greatly aperciated it

keep in mind I wont be using the stock wiring harness nor its stock location where it comes through firewall. also i didnt highlight some of the parts because I believed they were needed so if you see some other I can fill let me know Thanks
View attachment 522519

• Sponsors (?)

I am still putting my 66 back together, so here goes. The small round holes are for either the pins holding the interior firewall insulation in place or for the support straps for the wire harnesses. The rectangular horizontal hole is for the engine gauge feed harness, wires from this go to the blower motor and to the solenoid. The vertical rectangular hole is for the headlights harness, one of the round ones (above I think) is for the washer pump feed. The two holes at about four O'Clock position near the steering column hole is for the e brake handle. Best I can do from memory, hope it helps. Jeff

I know what most of the others are, let me know if you are stuck, there are 6 bolts for the master cylinder and pedal support bracket. The gas pedal bell crank mounting and linkage hole are there also. I see the speedo cable hole and e/brake cable hole as well.

A little blurry..but I think this will help.

steering3.jpg

Left square hole is the heater control wiring, right retanglur hole is for the motor and lights harness

Upper pin holes are for the harness holders

Lower pinholes hold the brake lines (I think)

Thanks Dodgestang, If i fully intend on using a Tremec style cable clutch style linkage do I need that oval shaped hole?

UNVMATT, I would If i could ;) Ive been looking for a way to move the Master Cylinder inside the firewall into the car like you see on some hotrods but yet to find a kit or anything close to working

unless anyone knows of somehting like this?

Thanks Again

will try to update it with more pictures maybe help out more forum memebers later on.

Dave