First car 86 T-Top 4 eye

As far as finishing the car in a more general sense, full length subframe connectors would be a very good idea with the t tops. Then when you decide to up the power, you do not have to worry about anything flexing.

• Sponsors (?)

But you said your handle is there...why would you have to fab it? The diagram I sent is for an '86, so anything shown there should work, but Rdub6's pictures are an even better reference. Removing the plastic tray is easy to do, only requiring the removal of two screws to get a look at the base of the handle to see if the rod and mechanism are there.
I thought it require to weld the pawl and ratchet thats what American muscle said?? https://www.americanmuscle.com/fox-body-5-lug-conversion-process-tech-guide.html
Check out the bottom of this page and read through this, I was going to just do this but people said it wouldnt work.

I thought it require to weld the pawl and ratchet thats what American muscle said?? https://www.americanmuscle.com/fox-body-5-lug-conversion-process-tech-guide.html
Check out the bottom of this page and read through this, I was going to just do this but people said it wouldnt work.

The ‘86 does not have the self adjusting mechanism. That threaded rod and nut are used with a ratchet and socket to adjust. I’m pretty sure there is no welding needed with the older style E brake handles.

Other than the cable hookup at the Caliper, this really is a stock install. You might want the cable guides to hold the cable off the rear wheels.

But stock center cable and equalizer and no handle mod. Pull the trim on the console and look for the rod and nutt. If you see them, you are good to go.

Just need to get under the car to run the cables

Reactions: 1 users
Other than the cable hookup at the Caliper, this really is a stock install. You might want the cable guides to hold the cable off the rear wheels.

But stock center cable and equalizer and no handle mod. Pull the trim on the console and look for the rod and nutt. If you see them, you are good to go.

Just need to get under the car to run the cables
Sweet and I double checked theres absolutely nothing coming from the handle at the moment so off to the junkayrd I go!!! Thanks everyone here for helping a noob like me! My car will soon be road worthy! And then I can pick up chicks at school :nice::nice:

Reactions: 1 user