First fox... she needs help.

Anyone used the Quadra int and firewall adjuster from LMR? 5.0resto

Again about half of MM. I know it’s probibly not as good but seems better then others.

Anyone tired it?
you always have the money to do it right the 2nd time

• Sponsors (?)

I went through 2 autozone cables in 3 days. The outer part of the cable pulled through the plastic end that goes in the firewall. Complete waste. That was about 6 years ago....maybe they make them better now If the cable end isn't whitish yellow plastic I don't want it. I got 2 from Ford and haven't needed the second one yet.

If you have a double or triple hook quadrant you shouldn't need an adjustable cable....the end by the clutch fork broke off of one of those about 10yrs ago. That was the last time I used one of those.

I was thinking of keeping my stock replacement cable and just buying the adjuster and quadrant. Cable looks fairly new. My stock plastic quadrant seems to be having issues. Steeda is only a little more then the 5.0resto ones and have good reviews. Just trying to best spend my cash and not do things twice.

Been reading a lot. Pretty cool how much there is about these cars.

if your cable is good it's up to you but your going to have to disconnect it to install fwa and quadrant. also make sure you lube the cable prior to install. That makes a huge difference. Steeda quadrant and fwa are quality pieces

I went through 2 autozone cables in 3 days. The outer part of the cable pulled through the plastic end that goes in the firewall. Complete waste. That was about 6 years ago....maybe they make them better now If the cable end isn't whitish yellow plastic I don't want it

I fully expected to have a problem with them but never did so put them in my other cars and still no issues.. Here's one compared with the mm cable I've had on the shelf for along time. Autozone is the thinner of the two cables of course

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_091750_1.jpg
    IMG_20200603_091750_1.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200603_091824_1.jpg
    IMG_20200603_091824_1.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 user