First Mustang Meet? I Got A Long Way To Go...

Undeadknight26

May 19, 2013
Florida
Well I've never been to a mustang meet...Of course I've been to import meets and stuff because I grew up in a import family...But today was my first MUSTANG meet. I really just drove up with my lil jalopy looking at all the other sick mustangs...I was the only notchback 2.3turbo there so yeah I was kinda out of place...And ALSO I was like the only brown kid there...And when I say kid I mean every one else was easily 20 years older than me...It was a fun experience though...I'm def going again...When I get a job....And fix up my jalopy......Yeah today was depresssing.

• Sponsors (?)

My first car event I went to was when I was in my early teens. Family went to a local car show. My family was all about chevy's(mostly 55-57's and muscle cars) which I still love also. My first ford event was after I bought a 89' LX in 1991. I want to go to a "fun ford weekend" one of these days. I've never gone to a big national event.

I've been going to swap meets and car shows with my dad as far back as I can remember..... early '90s???

I distinctly remember my dad haggling for a part (before i knew what the art of haggling was) and when he said he was $10 short, I offered up the money in my pocket. The guy laughed, my dad said something along the lines of "shuttupdammit" and he eventually got the part - for $10 less.

-or-

Buying a fishing rod at a swap meet and some guy saying as we passed, "Good thing you gotta rod today, there's plenty of mullet around." <----anyone who has fished the gulf coast will get that one.

Reactions: 1 user
loooooool
Can't you use the mullet for bait though? Any ways off topic x.x
Well I'm only 16 and never been to a all Muscle show...So when I pulled up in my little 2.3 turbo no one even batted an eye. EVERYONE was 5.0 super charged xD

My first meet was with a local mustang club a few years ago. Back then I had my 2012 5.0 but they had everything from '64 I6 to a 2012 Roush RS3. I haven't been to any since I got the 88. Like you said, most people at the meets I've been to are easily at least 20 years older than me. As far as content of cars, it changes depending on what I go to. At some meets, I see all types of mustangs and they are all pretty appreciated. Other local gatherings of car "enthusiasts" have people that are more interested in high horsepower and loud exhaust. It just depends on the crowd. That being said, I haven't been to a national show yet. To be honest, some of the best cars I've seen have been either at a road track or a drag strip. The people I've approached at these places have all been pretty cool. I like show cars, but I prefer talking about the "go" more so than the "show".

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
You'll get there. I think the 2.3 turbos are cool as hell. Id be happy to have the only type of a certain car at a show. That way you don't blend in to the sea of belly buttons as @madmike1157 likes to refer to them as.
I agree with this. At shows, I see a lot of the same cars with the same mods. A unique car like yours would grab my attention, regardless of the condition its in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. I've kind of been out of the mustang scene for a bit. My checkbook and my patience needed a break. I would definitely be down for a get together even if my car isn't exactly road worthy at the moment.