First post in 2.3 you need to read this!!

• Sponsors (?)

i breifly went through it, has he ever done any work specificly on 2.3's. 4 cylinders are not all equal and respond differntly depending on application....its great he loves fast4's, but usualy people who have a known knowledge (either through posting on message boards for a good amount of time, or by referal ) get the business :) just some tips

I have no doubt a turbo 2.3l ford can be fast...i happen to own a quick one. I'm just saying these motors are SOHC , poor flowing (stock) head, they need some massaging to make things happy and joyful. Keep in mind this 2.3 was designed/produced in the 70's....its a whole differnt story than a conquest.

mr_woodster said:
I have no doubt a turbo 2.3l ford can be fast...i happen to own a quick one. I'm just saying these motors are SOHC , poor flowing (stock) head, they need some massaging to make things happy and joyful. Keep in mind this 2.3 was designed/produced in the 70's....its a whole differnt story than a conquest.

He is a master at porting heads.He has ported many heads over the years and know how to make any head flow outstandingly.As for the motor being made in the 70's AND 80's it's all the more simpler to make power.

There was an article in a mag not all that long ago about a 2.3 making a little over 400 HP, so it is very doable. I have a friend with one in his autocross tube framed car, and it runs at a little over 200 HP naturally aspirated. They can make power.

lol Take a visit on over at Turboford.org a site specificly dedicated to the 2.3Turbo. Some of the headknowledge those guys have will make your head spin. Power is easily made on these motors, all i was refering too blue, was the fact that most guys who make power on 2.3's....learn to work on them themselves, by hearing/reading how guys have Already done the foot work.

Ps: You will most widley read about Joe Morgan's turbo pinto (Posinous Pinto) and his newer (faster) 2.3turbo focus. He is also a member at turboford.org