• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

First time question on tires...

  • Thread starter Thread starter outlawjay
  • Start date Start date Dec 2, 2004
O

outlawjay

20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 2, 2004
104
7
19
Atlanta
Dec 2, 2004
#1
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #1
Hey, I'm new...

Hoping yall could help, I have a 92 GT and I plan on going to the track this weekend and I bought a rear set of 275 BFG drag radials on the 15x7 inch LX 10 holes', but they won't fit cause of the rearend slanted (hydra shock, I think) shock, I know I have seen this setup on my car before so what do people do... just take the shock off?
It runs 14's flat on 17 inch 245's so I'm hoping for a little more bite. Thanks!
 

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
2,773
17
89
Dallas, GA
Dec 2, 2004
#2
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #2
Try to flip the quad shock upside down, that will give more clearance. You can remove them but you might get a lot of wheel hop until you do better upper and lower rear controll arms.
 
O

outlawjay

20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 2, 2004
104
7
19
Atlanta
Dec 2, 2004
#3
  • Dec 2, 2004
  • #3
Thanks..

I will try that, but I don't know if that wil give me enough room either, it's really cramped. I see you race at southeastern in Georgia, that aint too far off, I run at South Georgia Moto Complex down here in Cecil.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
375
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Forced Induction Total Timing under boost
  • Dontknowchit
  • Aug 27, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
375
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 28, 2025
Dontknowchit
A definitive answer to the question of how much height Energy Suspension isolators add
  • 2000xp8
  • May 20, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
307
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 20, 2025
2000xp8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?