Fitting Subs In My Convertible?

Ok ive tried to fit like 4 differnt sets of subs in my 95 convertable, obviously i failed in doing so :bang: lol... so i was wondering if there was a box or something made specificly for convertables... cause my only option that ive found now is pulling out my spare wheel and fiberglassing my 12" into that, i have the fiberglass and everything just need those few sunny days to do it lol... anyway if you can send me a link or something to some boxes for my convertable that would be much appreciated!

THANKS!!!

-Sean :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

dang really? the box i have for my 12 is no where close to fitting in my trunk.. the opening is WAY too narrow, i couldnt McGuyver that thing in there if i tried lol... i even have a smaller box with two 8" JL subs in it (its shorter) but still too tall... and the box with the two 10" subs wouldnt fit either lol... mabe im just unlucky with the subs i already have lol...

I hate the size of the trunk opening on our cars. You'd almost have to build the box inside the trunk piece by piece to get a decent-sized one in there. The spare tire well is an idea, but then the sound pressure waves would directly hit the trunk lid and would probably rattle like a mofo. I wouldn't go bigger than 10" to have any hope to fit a box in these trunks. Bazooka makes a triangular shaped 10" woofer and box that actually sounds pretty decent. But looks can be deceiving.

i have never seen in the trunk of a vert but what is the difference in trunk sizes between vert and coupe? granted mines not a vert i have 3 10" mtxs in mine. all i did was buy 3 seperate boxes lol, when its all said and done it looks like one box with literally 1/4 inch gap between wheel wells! id post pics if i knew how.

have u tried putting the boxes in from inside the car and not through the trunk opening?

Can't on a 'vert.

Has anyone thought of duplicating the Mach1000 setup?:shrug:
mach_1000.jpg

Coupes have easy access to the trunk through the back seat, but with the 'vert there is a reinforcement structure behind the seats, not to mention the top motor, lines, and the well liner, that prevents one from passing stuff through that area. The trunk itself is also not as deep as the coupe trunks, thus limiting space even more so. The trunk opening I think is the same on both cars. But on the plus side, there's nothing like driving on warm summer days with the top down.

I have a 10" in mine, the box was slim enough to slip into the trunk. I had to remove the grey trunk lining that covered in the pump and window liner. The box does slide about a tad, but at least I can get my golf clubs in the trunk (minus my pull cart) However if I push it too far back the glass window and rub on it and shift it forward.

i thought about goin that mach system direction well with those boxes... that mount on the side. but the only ones i can find on ebay and whatnot have a sub in them already and i dont wana buy things i dont need! haha... well see what happens if i do the fiberglassing in the wheel well i will let you all know how that gose!

-Sean

there are subs you can mount under seats i thought

Not on our seats. Not enough room.

I plan on making a modular box to fit my 3 10's. Cutting a track with my router, so the face and maybe the top would fit into. With rubber seals and threaded inserts in the wood and machine screws to keep it tight. That way there's no glue involved, and removal of the boxes would be somewhat quick and painless. I don't think one big box would make sense, but one in the middle all the way in the back, one on right rear and one on the left rear.

I am getting sick of not having bass anymore and I have 3 perfect JL audio 10's that need to be used. I was going to make a desk soon, but I think this project just got bumped to the front of the line.
Scott

A friend of mine just did a system in his vert trunk and had the speakers glassed into the spare tire well cause of the tight fitting trunk. The amps were mounted on the rear wall infront of the top motor and stuff. My Idea is to do a rear seat delete and build a custom set up infront of the the old seatback this way I can still use my trunk if I had to. Still in the design stage now but when im done Ill post up some pics.

A friend of mine just did a system in his vert trunk and had the speakers glassed into the spare tire well cause of the tight fitting trunk. The amps were mounted on the rear wall infront of the top motor and stuff. My Idea is to do a rear seat delete and build a custom set up infront of the the old seatback this way I can still use my trunk if I had to. Still in the design stage now but when im done Ill post up some pics.

Got any pics of your friends setup?

Heres mine...But it wouldnt work for a vert because the box extends into the trunk. But I think your best bet would be to remove your back seat and build the box for the subs to replace it... I use to be an installer in Miami and was never impressed by the installs of sub boxes I did on any verts in the trunk because of all the bracing and the firewall that is used for the top... its very hard for the sound to travel into the cab and you get a lot of vibration from the trunk lid