Flaming River Manual Rack & Pinion

muzzy66

Dec 26, 2006
I have just purchased a Flaming River Manual Rack & Pinion steering set-up for my 1966 Mustang and was wondering if anyone else has installed one on their classic/vintage Mustang who could advise if any areas to consider or watch out for during installation, mine didn't come with the FR steering column so I was hoping to find out if the 29 inch FR Tilt column will suit the rack, Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It's not that hard at all. And the FR column works fine with the kit. First though....do you have headers or manifolds, because with headers the FR rack can be a handful. Do a little homework and talk to the FR people before you tear into it.

Too bad your first post was after the purchase. FR was one of the first reasonably priced racks to the market but their lack of product development left many many guys on this board and the VMF sorting out their poorly designed system.

As others suggested, put it back in the orginal box, find the receipt, and take an hour and search to learn the horror stories. There are too many racks out there these days. I had zero issues with a TCP, and have been hearing good things about Randalls rack.

Welcome to the board... one post and it has already saved you untold frustration!

Send it back and get your money back quick! Believe me it is not worth the headaches that you will encounter installing it and they by far have the worst customer service known to man.

Very poorly engineered R&P.

Get a Randalls or a TCP and save yourself the trouble.

Sorry for the bad news, welcome to Stangnet.