Flaming River PS Control Valve Adjustment

I just installed a 'new' Flaming River PS control valve on my '68 and need some adjsutment help. Everything is connected correctly with no leaks (finally), but it drives terrible. It feels like it does not have PS at all or the belt is disconnected. There is a big dead spot on center and very hard to turn in either direction. What adjustments can I make to improve the feel? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

There is only one real adjustment on a control valve, and it has nothing to do with your problem. The adjustment affects the bias the system has to assisit one direction over the other. It helps to keep the linkage centered. You only change this adjustment when the system makes the car pull one way, or the wheels want to turn by themselves.

Your problem is that the Argentines designed and built a crappy repro control valve.

Stanger nailed!!!!

The Argentina products have Extremely poor quality control. Some work, some don't. Machining on these are hit, and miss, and they seem to not care, as long as the bucks roll in.

A Rebuilt Bendix Control valve is 10 times better a product. Same goes to the ARGENTINA Steering Boxes as well.

I Believe those Binding, POORLY Machined Steering Boxes are worse than the Controls, and that is hard to do.

My favorite saying is:

To Fix the problem , remove the Argentina Piece, Making sure not to damage the ORIGINAL Fo Mo Co Parts it is attached to (Don't worry about the New Part, Take off anyway you can), Put in you car/truck, Drive straight to the nearest lake with a bridge you can drive over the water, Stop, get out, Throw the D-M thing over the railing, get back in, take a deep breath, you have solved your problem.

Dan

Classic Mustang Disc Brake Conversions and Power Steering