Flexplate Question

3ponyshow

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Las Vegas
I just installed a new flex plate on my 302 and when I put it back together, it seems to have a slight warble to it and is banging on what sounds like the bell housing. This plate matched up perfectly with the old one but is a 50 oz instead of the 28 oz that was originally on it and was the wrong one. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

No, I just slid the tranny back out of the way and it lined right back up with no apparent hang ups. Where is the drain plug located? Wouldn't either of these cause everything to bolt up with difficulty?

No, I just slid the tranny back out of the way and it lined right back up with no apparent hang ups. Where is the drain plug located? Wouldn't either of these cause everything to bolt up with difficulty?
the drain plug is located right beside one of the torque converter studs, it will bolt
up in the wrong loction.the flex plate has the three stud holes plus one hole for the drain plug ,i kind of figure that is the problem .this shouldnt have done any dammage
simply remove the converter bolts and re index making sure the drain plug protrudes
through the hole when re assembled

Reactions: 1 user