Flexplate torque specs

65fastbackresto

Apr 13, 2007
AR
I`ve FINALLY gotten all most all my parts together to start mock up on my engine and tranny, this is after couple months of parts chasing.

Need to know how to torque the flywheel bolts into the crank. I looked in my shop manual last night and couldn`t find anything on this.

Also, why in the heck would the dust cover thing that goes onto the motor just before the flywheel have a different bolt pattern at the bottom, then the bell housing does. I think its the bolts that hold the dust cover on. I`m just gonna drill them out, but I thought it kinda strange, being as this is the cover the came with the motor.

• Sponsors (?)

Flywheel/Flex bolts go to about 85-90 ft/lbs. If you have a 50 oz crank, these also need thread sealer on them. Your block plate's been swapped sometime in the past. There were 4-5 different ones used. The manual trans plate has no inspection cover (removable bottom part) You can hold "backup" to tighten the bolts by inserting a phillips screw driver or other suitable tool thru one of the holes in the flexplate and letting it jamb against the block.