Paint and Body Floor Pan Replacement - Can a SN95/New Edge floorpan be used in a Fox

pats91

15 Year Member
Mar 6, 2007
Gladstone, MO
I am getting ready to replace the rear half the floor in my 91 LX, which is cracked and separated from the rocker panel. I plan on replacing the pan from the front seat mount to the kick up for the rear seat. Can I use a floor section cut out of a 1994-2004 Mustang? They are easy to come by in junk yards here, where foxes are few and far between (and when you find them they either crashed or rusty).

• Sponsors (?)

I just did the rear sections in my 86. I got one full side cheap at mustangs unlimited before they went out (cut the section I needed) and used one from Classic 2 Current for the other side. It took a little more “fitting”, but I got it done, and this was pretty much my first welding project
I liked the fact that they were selling just the rear part, so it saved me a few bucks.
I realize that doesn’t answer your question, but figured I’d throw that option out there.

Here’s my install.
77346838-73E3-4A06-B5B4-7F3F9EB36F1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Here is a pic of the piece before I welded. There are splits where I circled. You have to do a little fitting and bending, and then weld those seams up. But if you’re not looking for OEM, I’d say it was worth it.
1132CF7E-FBDB-47CE-87F9-4988D28C7A87.jpeg

I also saved some money by drilling out the spot welds and re-used my seat mounts..... if yours are still in decent shape.

7A3A9772-F0D5-4A61-BF26-47444B280348.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
So does anyone have an answer to the question asked in the posts title? I'm looking to do basically the same thing. I've got an 89 drop top and I'm afraid to sit in my driver's side seat....I've got a completely gutted 01' GT and before she makes her way to the scrap yard I'm cutting out entire floor pan an possibly trunk pan in hopes of being used as replacement pieces on my 5.0 vert....

Ford released this in 1994.

White indicates carry-over from the Fox years. This graphic indicates floor and trunk are pretty much the same

Red is new for SN95 and blue (looks green in pic) was modified from 1993

1675352045547.png

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Ford released this in 1994.

White indicates carry-over from the Fox years. This graphic indicates floor and trunk are pretty much the same

Red is new for SN95 and blue (looks green in pic) was modified from 1993

1675352045547.png
Talk about hitting the nail on the head, I greatly appreciate your knowledge and assistance!! Now it's time to go de-pan the floor of the 01'....

Reactions: 1 user