flowmaster exhaust system

• Sponsors (?)

Oh i agree its loud, but i love it lol

But when it comes to exhaust evrey one person will have a different oppinion. I used to think my car waas quiet as all hell, till i stood on the side of the road and had my buddy drive by lol

flow disaster or not, ive had MULTIPLE people give compliments on the way my car sounds, and this evan comes from chevy guys and older classic ford guys who "hate" flowmasters, the hooker headers i have with the 2 1/2 pipe gave it a really distinct sound. He never stated what he wanted performance or sound, i dont really care how they flow, because when i race and dyno i have the cutouts open.

13 posts and no one answered his question.:nono: come on people. depending on how fast of a worker you are/ how much of a perfectionist you are, it'll take about 2-4 hours if your car is on jack stands. as for trimming, i cant say because like mustangman70 asked, i donno if you have headers (and what kind) o manifolds.

iskwezm said:
I dont care for the Magnaflow sound,on older cars at least,you cant beat the sound of Flowmaster even though their everywhere.

i agree, i think magnaflows sound sick on newer mustangs, particularly DOHC cars, but they don't fit the 60s persona, imho. Flows do. As far as install, we installed some headers and the entire exhaust system in under 2 hours, and my dad and I had never done that before. Then we took it over to a shop that welded the pipes together for about 30 bucks (much better than the clips). Very easy, though I imagine all exhausts will be easy.

Keep in mind GNN60GT500 works for magnaflow, i think. not a bad thing, just a bit of a bias :) Then again, maybe he can get you a deal on one of their systems if you like their sound.

edit: to answer question directly: No trimming, clamp it, and have a shop do some minor welding for a small fee. No problemo.

Hah, yes, my car isn't quiet, but it isn't anywhere near as loud as people on here hyped it up to be. Make sure you get the delta flows, but my 2 chamber delta flows are fine on the highway. Keep in mind headers do change the sound considerably (make it deeper, which i love on my car).

I do not like the 3 chamber, they're far too tame. My friend had 3 chambers on his 455 buick and it definitely didn't sound like a big block.

And yes, Flowmasters don't flow as well as borla or magnaflow... but then again, mufflers don't really have a huge impact on power, maybe a 10 hp swing fromt he best muffler to the worst on most cars, so don't let that influence you.