Flowmasters Question

I have a 02 GT and looking for something that will turn heads but with a nice deep tone and not too raspy. On the car I currently have longtubes, offroad X, and American thunder super 40 catback. The sound is great but just a little too quiet for me. I do love the tone though. I am wondering if I should switch to the “original” 40s or super 44. Any thoughts? Experiences?

• Sponsors (?)

A nice, deep sound and Dronemaster mufflers is a contradiction to me. I could not stand the noise from the 40’s that came on my car. They were just obnoxious, and I could not hardly hear the radio. It got a lot of WTH is wrong with you or your car looks.
If attention getting is your goal, go for it.

The thought that the AT cat-back and an off-road pipe sounding too quiet seems very strange to me unless they have changed the mufflers that the AT cat-back comes with.

When I had my 03GT, I ran the AT catback (bought back in 2004) with the stock H-pipe and thought it was plenty loud, almost excessive. I can't even imagine it with an off-road pipe.

The super 40s are a great muffler but it just seems to be missing something. I had my friend drive my car around the block and you can barely hear it coming. I guess I want something a little louder where people can hear me but the sound is good...not this borla atak crap...just old school muscle.