Flowmasters Question

Mustangbadboy

Aug 5, 2019
Vancouver
I have a 02 GT and looking for something that will turn heads but with a nice deep tone and not too raspy. On the car I currently have longtubes, offroad X, and American thunder super 40 catback. The sound is great but just a little too quiet for me. I do love the tone though. I am wondering if I should switch to the “original” 40s or super 44. Any thoughts? Experiences?

• Sponsors(?)

7991LXnSHO

Now I want a 10 year badge
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
A nice, deep sound and Dronemaster mufflers is a contradiction to me. I could not stand the noise from the 40’s that came on my car. They were just obnoxious, and I could not hardly hear the radio. It got a lot of WTH is wrong with you or your car looks.
If attention getting is your goal, go for it.

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
The thought that the AT cat-back and an off-road pipe sounding too quiet seems very strange to me unless they have changed the mufflers that the AT cat-back comes with.

When I had my 03GT, I ran the AT catback (bought back in 2004) with the stock H-pipe and thought it was plenty loud, almost excessive. I can't even imagine it with an off-road pipe.

CarNamedTrouble

Jul 11, 2020
Franklin, TN
My mostly-stock ’02 GT has Flowmaster 40’s and many people have commented they like the sound. I agree with them.

I do understand that you might want something less quiet.

Mustangbadboy

Aug 5, 2019
Vancouver
The super 40s are a great muffler but it just seems to be missing something. I had my friend drive my car around the block and you can barely hear it coming. I guess I want something a little louder where people can hear me but the sound is good...not this borla atak crap...just old school muscle.