foot to the floor to see boost on centri?

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
guys do you have to mash the pedal to the floor to se boost on the centri blower?

do you see some boost at like half or 3/4 throttle, or is it no boost until you floor it?

thanks, never drove a centri car before.

• Sponsors (?)

See, that's why I like this roots type on the SC I just got. I can make boost backing up into my parking spot. Of course, it doesn't sound anything like a good old ATI D1SC. Those things scream.

i'll make a few psi with about 3/4 throttle. maybe 4 max. accelerating at lower throttles usually put me right at 0 boost and vacuum. cruising i'm seeing like 20psi vacuum.

this is why i asked. there are a lot of threads that state that the centri dont make boost untill the higher rpms, but there arent meny that state that you have to floor the car to see any boost. in fact, i have never read this on hera.

i have heard that if your not getting on the twinscrew, you really wont make any boost either. however, im not sure how that works.

had me thinking about roots or twin for a sec. i think centri is still the way to go for my set up. there is no way the smaller kb will make the boost i need, and the bigger kb is too much money.

good thing im getting a stroker, hopefully it will give me some good power down low when im not in boost. it actually might be a perfect match for the centri. :shrug:

no blower is making full boost at cruising speeds. thats what the bypass it for. your blower may be putting out 12 psi but the bypass will reroute it back into the intake if the engine does not need it. i make about 1-2 psi at cruising speed if i floor it in 6th gear at about 2000rpm.

the only time you will see a lot of boost is when you are WOT or near it. this goes for any blower.

Only WOT. That's the purpose. Who wants to be boosting around at 1/2 throttle going to work? lol Like SaleenGT said, if I'm crusing going 65-75 in 5th (damn you and your tranny Saleen...) and floor it, i'll see 1-2psi which is just enough to pass the granny in the middle lane. :p

what happens when your crusing in 3rd or 4th gear at say 3000 rpm and floor it? do you see more boost, do the tires break loose?

that is where the boost starts to climb quickly. if i just floor it in 3rd at 3000 rpm i will not spin, but if i downshift i can break them loose at about 70 mph. and that is not as fun as you may think, it can get really scary if you're not expecting it.

lol Like SaleenGT said, if I'm crusing going 65-75 in 5th (damn you and your tranny Saleen...) and floor it, i'll see 1-2psi which is just enough to pass the granny in the middle lane. :p

:D you gotta love that .50 overdrive ratio! i run 80mph and barely turn over 2000 rpm even with my 3.90 gears:D

you can have the same trans for about $3800 plus clutch and pressure plate.

there is no way the smaller kb will make the boost i need, and the bigger kb is too much money.
14psi ain't enough?
And if it's truly not enough, the 2.6 (while it doesn't include the chip and injectors), is only $500 bucks more the the 2.1.
I'm tempted by the easy install and lower cost of the centris, but on the street, IMO, the KB is where I'll have more fun.

the 2.6 is only 500 more? why dont everyone go 2.6? i thought it was a lot more then the smaller unit. where is this pricing at?

anyway, just because i will lose some boost through my better flowing engine and intercooler it wont be big enough. i want to run about 15psi which should equal a smaller pully then they make for the smaller unit.

what is the cost of the 2.6...i saw it for over 5 grand.

im getting the novi 2000 and intercoolar for about 1000 less.

Stop thinking in terms of boost. It means next to nothing when you're looking at the big picture....efficient airflow is what you want and it’s byproduct as a result, horsepower! The 1.7L and 2.1L twin screws will support 450-475rwhp comfortably. Either can be pushed harder to ekk out a little more, but you’re stressing their level of efficiency and your cars ability to run pump gas. The 2.6L will handle a lot more than that, but will require the upgrade of your fuel/ignition and exhaust system, short block not to mention require an 8-rib pulley conversion and cowl hood along with several dozen other odds and ends that aren’t coming to mind at that moment. Just because the blower itself is only a few dollars more, doesn't mean you're able to run it at that cost. Not to mention the 2.6L if memory serves, isn't CARB legal.