For the hell of it, got a new shift lever

I am bored and decided to be a post whore. I dare to be different. I don't care much for short throw shifters, and the stock lever is bent the wrong way. I don't have long arms like most of you apes, so I find it hard to shift into 3rd, 5th, and R. I like the Roush Classic shifter, but don't want to drop the $200+ for it. So, I bought a cheapo $30 UPR extreme adjustable lever. The base is a nice piece of aluminum, and the shaft looks like a long carriage bolt that is bent in the middle. I turned the bend around to face me, and don't have problems shifting. The cupholder is useless for tall drinks, but I don't use it anyway. I left the stock shifter base in. I polished the shaft (not that one, the shift arm dummy) after I took the pictures. I ordered another knob. More of you short arm guys or guys with the seat all the way back should try this setup out. It makes shifting easier.
View attachment 403434
View attachment 403435

Why does my interior look multi tone? It isn't. Maybe it's the flash and camera.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the CDC T-Handle would probly work really well with that setup... I don't think I have any pictures left of the one I had, it didn't work well with the shirt throw I had, but I think it'd work good with the taller handle.

whatever works for ya... i hated my stock shifter base, i got a tri-ax base and used the stock handle on it for a few months but putting a pro5.0 handle on it made it MUCH better, a LOT shorter but better to me... but i am 6'1" and lanky so it probably fits me a lot better.

after looking at that picture again it looks like a DC Sports shifter with a Skunk2 shiftknob in an integra haha

I just put on a Roush shift knob. I am off and on with the metal knob. I am still looking for just the Hurst handle, but everybody wants to sell me the shifter too. I tried a Tri-ax once, and I just didn't like it. I like soft damped shifts, not that metal on metal feel. It works for me. I have to do the throttle pedal mod cause I'm so short. These cars are made for 6-footers. Not us 5-somethings.

View attachment 403336

Damn. I must be built like Napolean. I am 5'6''. I hate being close to the wheel, so I scoot back a little.

And yes, I had to devise my own mounting system. The stock setup with the is not happening. I moved the lever to other side(pass. side) so it is centered. I then took the rubber things and stuck them in the little grooves that are originally for the washers. Then I made a thin rubber spacer to dampen more noise/vibration and put that between the shifter and handle. I put a dab of blue locktite on the bolts, and screwed them in from the passenger side. When I mounted it on the driver's side it was just too close and off center. Never follow the directions, especially UPR's.