forced induction problems

demon40

Jul 24, 2004
canton, nc
I have a 94 cobra that is turbo charged. I continue to have problems with it loading up and not wanting to idle. If i bring it up to ten pounds of boost and let off of the throttle the car also loads up. my mods are a single turbo kit, trick flow twisted wedge heads, trick flow stage 1 cam, underdrive pullies, professional products intake, c&l mass air metter, 42# injectors, with a jms chip. If any one can please help me with what my timming , fuel pressure, etc can be changed to, that will help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

IMO get rid of that chip and get a tuner. especially for your turbo setup, its worth it to have a Wide band o2 and a good tuner like tweecer or AFM PMS.

Not saying this is what it is, but i had a similar problem before. It ended up being the fuel pressure regulator went bad. seal must have broke inside forcing fuel into the vacuum line which feed it into the upper intake. when we popped off the intake gas came gushing out.

I also agree that your problems lie in the tune. I'm 99% certain of it.

I (as a noob TwEECer user) do NOT recommend the TwEECer unless you've got a friend nearby who's an avid tuner or a dyno shop with experience using the TwEECer.

I recommend you get a custom chip burned and be done with it.

If you wish to try and continue using that JMD then at the very LEAST, you should purchase a wideband o2 reader and RPM converter that is capable of data-logging. It would give JMD something to work with when you send them the chip back for a new tune. That's still crappy patch work though.

Custom tuning is where it's at.

Edit: One other thought. Are you using a blow-off or bypass valve? A blow-off can cause a temporary but significant fuel load-up on decell when metered air is being blasted out of the induction tract.

Daggar said:
One other thought. Are you using a blow-off or bypass valve? A blow-off can cause a temporary but significant fuel load-up on decell when metered air is being blasted out of the induction tract.
My first thoughts as well...