ford motorsports HD clutch slipping

is it possible that my car is overpowering a FMS heavy duty clutch? when going from 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration the clutch seems to slip. not too much but just enough to where it really doesnt hold ......the clutch and flywheel only have like 3k miles on them.

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with Jerry. Check the cable. Also, if I remember correctly you just put the manual in your car. What was the condition of the clutch and flywheel when you put it in? Even with low miles, it could still be damaged if the car it was taken from had a bad rear main seal.

the clutch was so new that it it still had the part number on the disk itself......the flywheel looked new too. it only seems to slip with trying to shift hard into another gear. if i have my rpms up in a gear and stab it while rolling it will light the tires up. my rear main does not leak at all. i am pushing roughly 300 whp. i guess maybe iwas just expecting the clutch to be a little more agressive.

i have a FWA and im going to adjustit a little more tomorrow, the clutch grabs about an inch off the floor right now. how much slack should the cable have in it when adjusted correctly?

jaidedeye said:
the clutch was so new that it it still had the part number on the disk itself......the flywheel looked new too. it only seems to slip with trying to shift hard into another gear. if i have my rpms up in a gear and stab it while rolling it will light the tires up. my rear main does not leak at all. i am pushing roughly 300 whp. i guess maybe iwas just expecting the clutch to be a little more agressive.

i have a FWA and im going to adjustit a little more tomorrow, the clutch grabs about an inch off the floor right now. how much slack should the cable have in it when adjusted correctly?
get that point of engagement up. you do have it adjusted to allow for little possibility of slippage, but i would not have it set so low (risking not disengaging it completely, the way it is). the cable should have very little or no freeplay (some people like to dial in preload).

good luck.