Ford Oem Black Emblems For 2016 Mustang

I've found the part numbers (and ordered) the front and sides, but I can't find the part number for the black "GT" emblem for the trunk lid. Anyone have any luck finding it?

Here are the parts I found:

Front Horse: GR3Z-8A224-AA
Right 5.0: GR3Z-16228-A
Left 5.0: GR3Z-16228-B

• Sponsors (?)

No problem. Turns out the rear one isn't available stand-alone. Have to get the whole deck lid if you want that one. I've got a full set of black ones on mine now, but wanted to switch them all out for OEM. Oh well, I'll put on these three when I get them then decide what to do about the rear.

My black Ford Performance Package wheels/tires will be here tomorrow to finish off the look.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1,953
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1,399
  • IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,013
Reactions: 2 users
No problem. Turns out the rear one isn't available stand-alone. Have to get the whole deck lid if you want that one. I've got a full set of black ones on mine now, but wanted to switch them all out for OEM. Oh well, I'll put on these three when I get them then decide what to do about the rear.

My black Ford Performance Package wheels/tires will be here tomorrow to finish off the look.

Looks awesome! Did you have to take the front bumper off to replace the horse?

I'm not the OP but no, you don't have to take the bumper off. You just reach behind and break the tabs off that are holding it on. This does require removing a few plastic pieces such as the radiator cover. Make sure to get a new set of retaining rings because the old ones won't work. Those are W708203-S437M.

Reactions: 1 user
$150 for emblems that could be plastidipped for $8. Seems crazy to me. And the plastidip is reversible.

Sorry dude, I don't plastidip anything. Not trying to be holier than thou but if I can do it the right way, that's the way it's going to be done. I don't want to have to break the Mustang logo off the grill once every six months to redip it because it's been pitted and chipped by rocks and bugs. The logo is one time use, it doesn't go back on once it comes off.

So how did you do the rear emblem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sorry dude, I don't plastidip anything. Not trying to be holier than thou but if I can do it the right way, that's the way it's going to be done. I don't want to have to break the Mustang logo off the grill once every six months to redip it because it's been pitted and chipped by rocks and bugs. The logo is one time use, it doesn't go back on once it comes off.

You don't need to remove anything to plastidip the emblem.