Ford Racing Pedestal Mount Roller Rocker Arms M-6564-a50

BKM48198

15 Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Ypsilanti, Michigan
How do these Ford racing roller rockers compare with others? Are they worth getting or should I pay more for a different brand? I don't want anything cheap like ProForm, I've heard bad things about them. These seem to be made by Crane so I assume they are better quality.

• Sponsors (?)

The ford rocker are good ..over priced but good . I know you hear bad stuff online about guys breaking the proform rockers but i have seen them last for years with no problems. The problems with breaking rockers are half and half... if you run the wrong springs or the push rods are too long or sometimes too short you will break any rocker arm..no matter what brand name. I have seen high dollar rockers break the same way cheap one break..sometimes it comes down to install and the right parts that will work well together and the right person doing the work.

The ford rocker are good ..over priced but good . I know you hear bad stuff online about guys breaking the proform rockers but i have seen them last for years with no problems. The problems with breaking rockers are half and half... if you run the wrong springs or the push rods are too long or sometimes too short you will break any rocker arm..no matter what brand name. I have seen high dollar rockers break the same way cheap one break..sometimes it comes down to install and the right parts that will work well together and the right person doing the work.
I have found the Ford-Crane 1.7's for about $230, not that much more than the Pro-Forms, a lot less than some others that are out there. I want to get brand new rather than buying something that might have been damaged by not being set up properly or lack of lubrication. Pro-Form's are running about $190 a set and $40 is not much of a difference, I'd rather spend more now than to have to replace them again. I try not to buy parts made in China if I don't have to.

The Ford's are good. The 93 Cobra rockers are Crane made for Ford. I see them all the time used for around 100-125. Do not buy proform. I've seen them break more than any other brand.
I've heard too many bad things about Pro-Forms so I won't gamble on them, I'm still leaning towards new rather than used so I have less chance of a problem even though saving money is always good.