ford to fix engine tick...

• Sponsors (?)

the easiest way you can detect the tick sound is go by wall or something with your car and listen to the tick, sometimes it sounds like a diesel but not as loud. Sometimes the car didnt pull hard on upper rpm's now its smooth. Rought idle, smooth now. I also got a really cool dealer so they let me mod the thing. I asked them yesterday i might need a better clutch, and the supervisor was like you got warranty dont ya...i was like yeah...he was like well then you dont need on yet.
I guess im lucky cause my dealer doesnt b/s me around

Very interesting. I had a new 01 GT and Ford bought it back. I had the same problem. I would drive slowly by a wall and you could hear the tick. They never could figure it out. Ended up replacing the engine. I bet it was the same problem but they just didnt know about this at the time. Doenst matter because that car was a lemon. My 03 doesnt have that problem yet. (knock on wood)

2k2SilverBullet said:
the easiest way you can detect the tick sound is go by wall or something with your car and listen to the tick, sometimes it sounds like a diesel but not as loud. Sometimes the car didnt pull hard on upper rpm's now its smooth. Rought idle, smooth now. I also got a really cool dealer so they let me mod the thing. I asked them yesterday i might need a better clutch, and the supervisor was like you got warranty dont ya...i was like yeah...he was like well then you dont need on yet.
I guess im lucky cause my dealer doesnt b/s me around

i have that 2 first i thought it was detonation i tried all octanes but it still did it..... so i am thinking it might be this i can hear it alittle just driving normally and like you said go by walls is the best place. I annoying the s h i t out of me. I'm affraid i'll bring it to the dealer they will take it for a test drive and won't hear it cause my exhaust and says it dine and just run the codes see what's wrong.