FORScan for New Edge

JDMac34

Aug 2, 2021
NE Ohio
I am currently looking to buy a New Edge Mustang to use as an autocross and/or rallycross car. My daily is a 2020 F-150 and I use FORScan to read diagnostics and programs things on there. Obviously, my truck's computer system is a "little bit" more complicated than the computers in the Mustangs that I'm looking at. While inspecting a car, I'd like to scan its computer to make sure there isn't anything like a false odometer reading or light on the dash that has been unplugged.

I know that I can do all that on my truck, but how much could I see on a New Edge? Also, are there any other cool things that I could use FORScan for on a New Edge?

• Sponsors (?)

Your 2020 F-150 isn't as alien advanced as you think it is. Both, are OBD2. OBD2 started for the Mustang in 1996.
I'm aware that both are OBD2. I was referring more to the advanced CAN system of modern vehicles where each mirror now has its own control module. If I remember right, CAN systems didn't become a thing until 2003 or 2004. My question was if the older PWM J1850 system, or whatever it is, would still give me as much data or if it would just do basic engine diagnostic codes?

You’ll be able to pull codes and look at PIDs but not much else. I think you can scan the ABS and airbag codes as well.

Forscan for pre 2000 era cars just isn’t as exciting in terms of what it can do. With modern Fords, it’s amazing