Found A Few Tears In My Passenger Lower Torque Box...how Bad Is It?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
So got the car up to start focusing on the undercarriage and the new suspension components (torque arm and k member etc). The drivers torque box and upper look good but i see the lower passenger side has a few tears and i can flex the lower part if i pull on it a little. How bad is it and how should i repair it? I have wildrides battle boxes which i plan to install and i know MM says the torque boxes wont be affected once the torque arm is installed....though i should repair any current damage.
20180207_163726.jpg
20180207_163738.jpg
20180207_163750.jpg
20180207_163726.jpg
and i have to figure out how to address the rust you see in the pictures
..everything is structually sound but toward the rear and where the mufflers sit and by the gas tank has some pitting/scale...driveshaft/tranny tunnel up is great...plan to wire wheel it etc...treat with a metal rust prep, prime, and coat with raptor liner.

• Sponsors (?)

There is no repair work that needs to be done that I can see in your images. You could weld that corner if you wanted to but the meat of it all looks solid.

This however, would be a GREAT time to install battle boxes and never worry about it again.

Reactions: 1 users
I dont know if it showed up clearly or if this is the corner you were referencing but i highlighted the tears i found. And i will be installing battle boxes (lower only since the uppers are no longer used with the torque arm and they are in good shape). Thanks

20180207_204415.jpg