Found a set of heads and cams on craigslist.

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
I found a shop selling a set of heads and cams and was wondering if yous guys can share some input. Are these worth my time and money? Will I be able to reach 300 to the wheels with stock headers and this combo? What specs should I ask the guy?

stage 2 dss ported heads fresh with new comp cams and trick flow springs brand new XE270AH-13 that is the serial number look it up on summit.

• Sponsors (?)

I found a shop selling a set of heads and cams and was wondering if yous guys can share some input. Are these worth my time and money? Will I be able to reach 300 to the wheels with stock headers and this combo? What specs should I ask the guy?

stage 2 dss ported heads fresh with new comp cams and trick flow springs brand new XE270AH-13 that is the serial number look it up on summit.
How much did you get them for? I guess you have stock heads and cams on now right? The cams you mentioned are stage 2's...I have a pair (along with a set of Patriot stage 2 heads) sitting in my closet. I don't think that would get you to 300 at the wheels without a bit more compression and some headers.

You can find the specs for the heads on DSS Racing website. If the heads are used then make sure you look at the combustion chambers for signs of detonation.

Thanks. Someone also said that the pistons need to be notched with those heads. Is that correct?

Would depend on how advanced you want the ICL. You could easily retard it back far enough for proper clearance, but you'd also lose power that way. I'm sure someone who knows the specs on those heads can chime in and let you know what ICL you can install those cams on (versus what they are recommended to be installed on).

Also, don't get caught up in dyno numbers. My car laid down 330 earlier today, 2 weeks after it made several 11.9 passes at over 118 mph. :rlaugh:

Pretty sure tou have to notch the pistons with the comp 270's....but i think ive seen/heard of a few people that didnt need to...ud google it and see what the general concensus is

Would depend on how advanced you want the ICL. You could easily retard it back far enough for proper clearance, but you'd also lose power that way. I'm sure someone who knows the specs on those heads can chime in and let you know what ICL you can install those cams on (versus what they are recommended to be installed on).

Also, don't get caught up in dyno numbers. My car laid down 330 earlier today, 2 weeks after it made several 11.9 passes at over 118 mph. :rlaugh:

I second all of this.

I know a guy that runs Comp 270's on a stock bottom and and no problems, but they had to be retarded some I'd imagine. I've heard from reputable sources that they'll kiss pistons if installed "straight up", or advanced.