fox body 5 lug SN95 rear end users, what wheels did you go with?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Ok, I put the car on the rack today, painted the entire under body minus tranny, shocks and other items that did not need to be chasis black, noticed my chrome ford OEM 17x8 1999 model GT wheels are furked, the chome is coming off them like a MOFO! Now, the next decision is what wheels to replace them with, pics are welcomed, keep in mind I used a 1994 model complete rear end from a SN95 car when I did my 5 lug and used 1994 spindles up front, I know the rear end I used cuts down on my wheel choices and I now regret using the wider rear end :(

Any helpful Ideas would be appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Actually the Housing is EXACTLY the same the 3/4" Longer Axles and Brakes are the Difference. I like the look of the slightly wider rear track and run Factory Ford Bullitts with no problem at all, if you want a 17x9 then you should look for wheels with a 6.42" of Backspacing.

Like Shakerhood said, the axles are the main difference in width.

I have 99 Cobras:

rearbrakes.jpg

Attachments

• rearbrakes.jpg
    rearbrakes.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 2,113
yea, i didnt think ford chromed them, mine are just like masonozz's wheels, Im debating wether to buy some new tor thrusts or get some painted 1998 cobra Svt wheels off my friend

I really like the 98 style SVT wheel, it has a bad ass look to it, but they are painted finish, Im partial to a shiny wheel, but then again painted wheels look good too!

yea, i didnt think ford chromed them, mine are just like masonozz's wheels, Im debating wether to buy some new tor thrusts or get some painted 1998 cobra Svt wheels off my friend

Well if they're like mine then they aren't GT wheels; they're Cobra wheels or 03/04 premium GT wheels.

99/01 Cobras had those silver or polished, then Ford reused them in 03/04 for a GT upgrade in chrome.