Fox body accessories what all is needed?

Stopsign32v

May 18, 2008
Gville, SC
Other than water pumpe and timing cover what other mods need to be done to convert over to a fox body accesory setup? Could I reuse my alt and PS pump? I plan to go with the March brackets...

I'm running no A/C or Smog pump.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the fox march pulleys. Very nice pieces. I went with fox alt, AC and PS too. Then my alt died and I still have my sn95 one, so I tried it and and it fit, but the March tab that attaches to the top bolt hole didn't fit the way it is supposed to, but it did fit when I rotated it. I'll take a pic of it and post it later.

So you have converted to the Fox timing cover? Because I heard the March brackets will not work anyother way.
yes, i have all fox stuff, including the timing cover and water pump

when i was shopping for them, they did not have a setup for 94/95 cars with 351 windsors. probably not common enough ... go figure. so i got what i could and asked them what other accesories i needed to make it work

I'll take a pic of it and post it later.
at the top of the alt, the tab that attaches the alt to the march adjusting bolt is upside down because it did not fit right side up. it is supposed to be situated such that the curved part of the tab follows the curve of the alternator

alt-nofit.jpg

here is a pic of the new location of the power steering pump. the march set i got swaps the a/c and the p/s; the a/c is now on top and the p/s is below it. i do not know if a sn95 power steering pump will fit there or not

ps-pulley.jpg

Ok I got 2 main issues that I just realized...I don't see how the Fox body water pump will work. If it spaces it out 1" like I've heard it will be all over the fan. Another thing is I have no A/C or Smog so I don't know how the Fox setup works as far as belt wrap goes for a setup with just Alt, PS, and water pump. Do you have any ideas/advice? :shrug:

yeah, there is not much clearance left with the fox water pump. that said, it does fit and i have not had any issues. then again, my k-member allows for a inch set back, but i don't remember if i have my engine set back or not, but i do not think it is set back.

here is a pic of how much clearance i have:

pullley_clearance.jpg

bottom line: it fits, but it is tight

about the other thing, they have different configurations ... just call them and tell them what accessories you will be using and see what they have for ya

If you are wanting to sell the sn95 timing cover send me a pm and let me know a price. If you need a fox timing cover I have one and would be willing to trade you it for the sn95 one. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Thanks Garrett

If you are wanting to sell the sn95 timing cover send me a pm and let me know a price. If you need a fox timing cover I have one and would be willing to trade you it for the sn95 one. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Thanks Garrett

That would be a good trade however I've got a turbo kit on right now and I think it would come into contact with the fox acc. I'm not sure but I think it might. Bottom line is I need a fox timing cover and water pump to SEE if I can use this setup. But I'm going all motor 351 soon so the turbo kit is coming off.

Hey Stopsign32v< I have a 351w no smog or p/s using the sn95 timing cover and water pump. I moved the alt. to the drivers side, used a fox tensioner, and made a bracket the that mounts the tensioner on the pass. side with the coil on the same bracket. I dont have a pic to post, if you want, send me your cell number in a pm. Ill send you a pic off my phone.