fox guys: interested in a new gauge cluster for 8 gauges?

Notchthis

Aug 22, 2011
I've been talking with Mike at MC-Machine about trying to get more than just the tach, speedo and the standard 4 gauges (water, oil, volt, and fuel) into the stock cluster location. I'm really looking to avoid running an a-pillar dual pod for boost/wide-band and I think me and Mike worked out a solution. below is a pic of what it would look like. In the middle you could mount 2 more gauges (I'm my case boost and wide-band) and wouldnt need the a-pillar gauges, keeping it stock/sleeper looking from outside the car. I'm just not a big fan of the a-pillar gauge pods, they seem like of "ricer" to me. You would have to trim the outside edges of the trim piece, but it would have a cleaner look in my opinion instead of being framed like the second pic I attached. Also, you would probably want to switch to the non-airbag bezel and notch a "U" shape around where the lower center gauge sits, but I think if you took your time it would come out great. These would also come with the turn signals, engine light, hazards, and oil light.

if there are more out there that are interested, we can get them cheaper. If you guys are interested post up!

quick copy of the pdf to get an idea what it would look like
D2126960-orig.jpg

the black trim on the sides would have to be trimmed
jdash1.jpg

heres a pic of one with the sides trimmed, cleaner look anyways in my opinion
turbos_005s.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Would the trim rings fit with all those gauges?

what do you mean by trim rings? it would be exactly like the last pic i posted in the first post, but with 2 more gauges in the middle. what would need to be trimmed is the thin plastic that "frames" the gauge cluster on both sides, not the actual big surrounding bezel. heres a pic, you can see the difference between then in these 2 pics:

not trimmed:
100_3323_crop.jpg

trimmed:
turbos_005s.jpg

I know, theres a lot going on. I'm just looking for ways to avoid going with an a-pillar 2 pod. I was thinking this way all the gauges are in 1 location so you dont have to try to look all over the car to see the important gauges while driving.

I haven't ruled out the idea of running a 2-pod a-pillar, just thinking of a possible alternative to that. I do have a 3 gauge bezel that goes under the radio, but that is not a safe location to look down at while driving spiritedly.