Foxbody values

Years ago I saw something on TV about Deloreans. The guy being interviewed said a decent Delorean is going to cost you $25k rather you just buy a nice one or fix up a basket case.
I think the same is true of fox bodies. These cars were driven hard, raced, and daily driven for 150k+ miles before being put out to pasture. Good luck finding a fox with less that 100k miles that’s been maintained with a open wallet for $6k.
Most of them need one of everything and that stuff costs money. $3-4k for a decent paint job, $2k or so to refresh the interior, $1500-2 to refresh 30 year old suspension and dry rotted bushings. At this point you haven’t even touched the engine, brakes, or transmission. Not to mention all the small stuff that nickel and dimes you to death.
These cars are currently desirable and it makes me laugh when I hear guys acting liking like my 4 year old when confronted with the reality that gone are the days of nice $5k foxes.
I’ve got tones of time and money in mine and would set it on fire and roll it down a hill before I took less than $13k for it and that wouldn’t even begin to recoup what I’ve put into it.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

While I have no intentions to sell mine, I bumped replacement value up to $25k because that’s probably what it would take at a minimum.

These aren’t your typical used cars in the corner lot anymore like you’d see for an 05+ mustang. These are now specialty/collector type vehicles, so values should just continue to rise.

Reactions: 2 users
Foxes have gone way up. I bought mine in 07 for just $2107, tax,title and tags. It had 81,000 on the clock( could of been 181,000).
It has been my daily ever since. Just turned over again.(200 or300,000 miles)And I was offered and turned down $12,000.
My co workers asked why I turned it down, simple WTF am I gonna get a freeking kia. I love my fox, I've done so many upgrades and all maint.myself inside my 3 car garage. My daily is better then what's for sale here and the prices are Cray. Cray.

While I have no intentions to sell mine, I bumped replacement value up to $25k because that’s probably what it would take at a minimum.

These aren’t your typical used cars in the corner lot anymore like you’d see for an 05+ mustang. These are now specialty/collector type vehicles, so values should just continue to rise.
Thats not a bad idea, think mine insurance policy is 17K but starting to doubt that could actually cover an equal replacement if anything ever happened.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve FDF4025B-9DF1-4C8D-9453-1AD3F7446206.png
6781D4C3-9D7B-4549-B076-553D69C00558.png
7E8A5C8A-497E-42F1-8AB0-D307FE57055A.png
FDF4025B-9DF1-4C8D-9453-1AD3F7446206.png

I’m always on EBay checking out what’s out there on Foxes and how much they are asking. Now granted they probably aren’t gonna get these numbers, but damn, I hope they do. Just like houses. Every time I see a house in my neighborhood sell for ALOT more than it’s worth, I just smile because I know it just increases the value of mine. Same with these cars.

Any of those cars that are priced over 20k are over priced and out of the range of most people looking for a stang and would buy in on credit or someone that thinks it's an investment, I witnessed the same situation when the first generation mustang was popular

Not sure if this is true with foxbodies, but coins on eBay are frequently used as a way of money laundering.

Coin worth $500 sells for $50k for some reason. Usually it’s a buddy buying off his buddy and the transfer of funds is legitimatized.

Foxes have gone way up. I bought mine in 07 for just $2107, tax,title and tags. It had 81,000 on the clock( could of been 181,000).
It has been my daily ever since. Just turned over again.(200 or300,000 miles)And I was offered and turned down $12,000.
My co workers asked why I turned it down, simple WTF am I gonna get a freeking kia. I love my fox, I've done so many upgrades and all maint.myself inside my 3 car garage. My daily is better then what's for sale here and the prices are Cray. Cray.
My wife got a Kia. It was a great deal for a sporty looking, AWD, little station wagon. A Stinger would be fun. But I’m not selling my Mustang for one soon.

Bumped my agreed value policy up today from $15k to $25k. Based on everything I’m seeing, if God forbid something happened to my car today, I would need all of that $25k to replace it with something at the same level of what I have now.

I didn’t start building mine until after my wife passed away.
Believe me, I know about the $$$ that goes into it, and the labor.
Thank GOD your surgery went well.
thank you for the kind words, Several weeks of recovery and thank God I have a wonderful wife who is putting up with me

Sorry about the loss of your wife and wishing you well.

It’s all good.
I tried to put a few smily faces in, but it didn’t work.
Everything is good here—just get well my friend.

When I said it was all good—
Barb passed 3 years ago.
I have gotten over the anger, and have gotten on with my life.
She went in for outpatient gallbladder surgery and died 2 days later.
We were together 48 years.
When I reread what I had said-it sounded cold.
She was the Love of my life.

Reactions: 6 users