Foxbody values

When I said it was all good—
Barb passed 3 years ago.
I have gotten over the anger, and have gotten on with my life.
She went in for outpatient gallbladder surgery and died 2 days later.
We were together 48 years.
When I reread what I had said-it sounded cold.
She was the Love of my life.
You’re a better man than I am, just for your attitude and outlook. Carry on sir.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Barb passed 3 years ago.
Nice to hear from you again LAFF. You provided us with some good info, and enjoyment on your build. Enjoy life, and hang in there.

Reactions: 1 users
Barb passed 3 years ago.
You are freaking me out man, that is the same surgery I had last week. Had gallstones and they said they just remove the gallbladder. Went in to the hospital they put me under gas in the surgery room and I woke up 3 hours later. Sent me home the same day. I have no memory of how I got home or the next few days as I was on pain killers and slept. I did martial arts and powerlifted all my life so I think i have a fairly high pain threshold but . never felt the pain i am going through since. I have 5 holes in my abdomen filled with "glue" and my abdomen looks like I did 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Again, sorry about your loss and know she is never gone as long as she remains in your thoughts.

sorry for the hijack of the thread guys

My wife had all kinds of stomach problems and they said dhe needed her gall bladder out. Surgery and seven thousand dollars later it didn't make a difference. Laff does need to tell us how that motor and transmission is. What a nice, like new car.

LAFF. God Bless you and your positive attitude. My wife is a royal PITA but I can’t imagine a day without her. And I’m only married 13 years. I’m sure you have many many years of wonderful memories to treasure in your heart. There she will always be until you are both together again.

Mikestang63. Get well soon. Much strength and prayers your way.

Glad to see you back @LAFF hows that new motor running?
And since nobody else asked, what’s the story of you and the police car?

I cut through a parking lot instead of waiting to make a left turn. lol
Cop was cool—I wanted to take a picture of his car and mine. He said that if I wanted he would take the picture with that pose.
No ticket.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Prices are up dramatically. I've had my eye on a couple hatch lx and gt that sold for 22-25k.

I just bought my 1 owner 93 reef blue lx with 27,500 miles and paid a premium for it.

Pay once, cry once. I plan on keeping this car until I die.

Attachments

• IMG_20211126_123811317.jpg
    IMG_20211126_123811317.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20211126_123757877.jpg
    IMG_20211126_123757877.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20211126_172711846.jpg
    IMG_20211126_172711846.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20211201_150039528.jpg
    IMG_20211201_150039528.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 9 users
I seen an very old woman in a white four eye Mustang in perfect condition with the 5.0 badge. I see them here, but usually they are fours. This looked very much like the site owners white one.

A month ago at the gas station I seen a very old woman with a one with the guys autograph on the dash. It had factory side pipes. She said every time she gets the oil changed they badger her to sell it to them. It was an eighty something / red with decals. Craigslist in Florida has all kinds of very nice cars for good prices. You could make a living scooping them up. People die and the family just wants the money

In another 20 years I'll be that old guy with the mustang that everyone is talking about and wants to buy.
Getting old sucks less when you drive a stang eveyday.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Since Covid cancelled my New Years plans, I had nothing to do last night but watch TV and search for Mustangs.
None of what I’ll say here is anything new but I had to go looking for myself.
I went through Classic Auto Trader(I think that was the site) for every year from 86-93. It’s truly unbelievable the prices that people are asking out there. Many in the $20’s, some even in the $30’s. Even the 4cyl cars are in the $10k range, or more. And the vast majority of those for sale in all years were convertibles. Glad I got in on my project when I did!

Like I always say in five years we will be at twenty grand for a decent/very good condition car. It's really about maybe just getting our money, and time spent taking up garage space. Plus someday when we are really old wouldn't it be nice to tell the wife " I told you so" as you hand the money over. Also like someone said a while ago we are just holding our cars for the hopeful joy of the next owner.

Like I always say in five years we will be at twenty grand for a decent/very good condition car. It's really about maybe just getting our money, and time spent taking up garage space. Plus someday when we are really old wouldn't it be nice to tell the wife " I told you so" as you hand the money over. Also like someone said a while ago we are just holding our cars for the hopeful joy of the next owner.
My problem is, I’d like to start another project while I keep mine drivable, and at the prices now, it’s getting tough to find.