foxes in the bone yard

hungrymonkey

White by Birth, Trash By Choice
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Oregon.
Went to 3 different junk yards today. 2 of which were part of a chain of junkyards and had the listings for a dozen other yards.

Only one had a fox body in the junkyard, and it was a 3 hour drive.

Five years ago, there were decent pickings. Anyone else not able to find them in the junkyards?

• Sponsors (?)

The yard I go to seems to always have a good stock of Fox bods, including 5.0's ("Pick Your Part" in Sun Valley, CA). They're usually picked over pretty good though. My biggest score was a set of seats in GREAT condition. They must've brought the car in that day because it had been barely touched. It was an extremely clean titanium LX. Someone's pride and joy for sure. :(

I've seen 2-3 in my time but I don't go looking either. I have a parts supplier who travels up and down CA and he finds millions of 'em. Take a road trip :lol:

our yards are dry because we have a boneyard dedicated to only mustangs. Its called the mustang farm. he pretty much gets any stang headed for the boneyard then charges ridiculous prices for stuff.

There is a mustang junkyard 15 mins from my house.. all he mostly has is fox/sn/new edge cars, and a few impounds but its all mustangs. He's super reasonable too. Ex: LX hatch with wing in perfect condition PLUS rear LX bumper cover = 100 bux :banana:

They are getting harder to find because there are fewer and fewer. It just happens. Every so often i find on in the yard and I'll pick what I can from it just to have or sell. Last time I went found a 90 GT took off the body kit. got everything but the front and rear bumper covers. Paid $5. for it all. cleaned em and repainted them silver with a rattle can - sold it all on ebay for 150.

just gotta keep your eyes open and hope to get lucky.

Its because they are getting older. Even the newest Fox is 17 years old now.

our yards are dry because we have a boneyard dedicated to only mustangs. Its called the mustang farm. he pretty much gets any stang headed for the boneyard then charges ridiculous prices for stuff.

We have the same thing go on around here. Those people can **** off.

Back when I got my first mustang in high school (1995) there was always 4 or 5 foxes at the yard. I was there about ever other weekend. That little 4 banger was always breaking. I learned a lot in those yards. Last time I was at are local u-pull-it there wasent any foxes

Went to one in Tucson last weekend hadn't been there in over 2 years, not a single Mustang. It use to be the place I would go for parts in Tucson. Luckily I know someone in Phoenix who has a Mustang yard, so far he is pretty reasonable, heading there tomorrow.

I made a similar thread about this a while back. There was one in the local "you-pull-it' and it was picked clean. I may have to join the local Mustang club and see if they know of any Mustang junk yards.