Foxtoberfest 2022

Another real standout was John Brooks' '87 Coupe... He converted it to a 4-eye, and to paraphrase him, the car was built around the S550 interior. I was incredibly impressed with his fabrication skills; check out that custom radiator support. He let me sit in the car, and I was surprised at just how low those S550 seats sat. He cut and welded a floor pan IOT to mold the interior around the seats. BTW, I appreciated just how centered the steering wheel was... A nice correction over the stock offset feeling.
87_S550_001.jpg

87_S550_01.jpg

87_S550_02.jpg

87_S550_03.jpg

87_S550_04.jpg

87_S550_05.jpg

87_S550_06.jpg

87_S550_07.jpg

87_S550_08.jpg

87_S550_09.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it would be cool if we could arrange a get together of the regulars. I've known your internet personas for over 20 years at this point.
Just checking in on this thread….. and I’ve only been here since ‘17…….. but making this trip and meeting some members here would be pretty cool!

Reactions: 1 user
Now, I thought this Saleen was the coolest story I've ever heard of. Dubbed 'Almost 4', this was originally meant to be Saleen's 4th '93 SA-10. However, the original customer backed out, and Saleen skipped from #3 to #5. #4, this car, was sold off from its dealership as an LX. Years later, this owner intentionally searched for and found the car, beginning a restoration project that made Steve Saleen himself remark, "Well, you thought of everything." There's a pretty cool youtube video that, if one of you don't post first, I'll post in the coming days as an edit to this thread.
Almost4_01.jpg

Almost4_06.jpg

Almost4_03.jpg

Almost4_02.jpg

Almost4_04.jpg

Almost4_07.jpg

Almost4_05.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Now, I thought this Saleen was the coolest story I've ever heard of. Dubbed 'Almost 4', this was originally meant to be Saleen's 4th '93 SA-10. However, the original customer backed out, and Saleen skipped from #3 to #5. #4, this car, was sold off from its dealership as an LX. Years later, this owner intentionally searched for and found the car, beginning a restoration project that made Steve Saleen himself remark, "Well, you thought of everything." There's a pretty cool youtube video that, if one of you don't post first, I'll post in the coming days as an edit to this thread.
Almost4_01.jpg

Almost4_06.jpg

Almost4_03.jpg

Almost4_02.jpg

Almost4_04.jpg

Almost4_07.jpg

Almost4_05.jpg
Performance or not, the Saleen paint jobs were second to none as far as Foxbodies were concerned back in the day.!

Jason Asper's car caught my eye and was one of my favorites, the night before, at the pre-game show at Embassy Suites. Can't say that much about the car, but Jason was a really cool guy and said he'd turned down a $30k offer that day. I told him that after all his work, he needed to keep it and enjoy the fruits of his labor a while. Bring it back next year and sell it if that's really what he thinks is best.

I loved the color scheme, 5-lug swap with discs, blown motor, and stance!

This is Jason with my friend Mike on the left and me on the right.
Leech01.jpg
Leech03.jpg
Leech04.jpg

Leech05.jpg

Leech06.jpg

Leech07.jpg

I liked Chris' story. Sucks that I forgot his last name, but he told me about how he made the money to build this car with multiple deployments in the military -- something I can relate to. Chris built this 418 (I believe) stroker windsor and had his tint guy add a nice touch: take a look! I think he calls it The Reaper. Loved the way this car cammed when he drove off for the night and thought the 5.8 badges were pretty cool for his 351W-based build, even though as he pointed out, it's really a ~6.9L:
Reaper02.jpg
Reaper03.jpg

Reaper04.jpg

Reaper05.jpg

Reaper06.jpg

Last edited:
A few miscellaneous highlights:
El FoxChero:
ElFoxChero01.jpg

ElFoxChero02.jpg

The FoxBuggy (my name for it)
FoxBuggy.jpg

FoxBuggy2.jpg

StarFox
StarFox2.jpg

StarFox.jpg

Check out the turning radius on this fox-drifter:
9872f9e5-bb0d-4b06-a47b-c48811b8642a.jpg

And though this isn't a one-off like the above, it's another one I REALLY liked. I'd like to know more about this car, but didn't run into the owner, nor see under the hood, though someone nearby did mention Hit-it Motorsports. The baddest Teal Cobra at the event:
TealCobra01.jpg

TealCobra03.jpg

TealCobra02.jpg

Last edited:
For the highlight reels, Mike and I ran into a couple of Foxbody Celebrities:

Matt (Gearhead704):
GearHead704.jpg

And Chris Savard, aka Infamous Project:
InfamousProject.jpg

They were both very down-to-earth dudes, as you would expect from fellow fox enthusiasts. I really liked chatting with both guys, and Matt spent a pretty good amount of time chatting with us about what it's like to run a youtube channel, and his favorite cars at the show that day.

Last edited:
Ran into a bit of a snag trying to post the rest of the pics to an album, which would be the most convenient way to post them. I'll follow up with an edit here when I've got that worked out.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user