Frame Rail restoration in Ontario?

DarthBubbles

Jun 28, 2020
Ontario
Hello everybody,

I'm in search of a person/shop near(ish) to Newmarket Ontario that can and will do some fox body frame rail work.

I'm also very interested in swapping the K-member to tubular.

If this sounds like anyone you can recommend, please let me know and why you suggest them.

Hoping to get moving on my 88 notch... been picking away but now need some help.

I really appreciate it thanks ahead of time.
DarthBubbles

• Sponsors (?)

I advise anyone looking to have this kind of work done would be to check out a local car club or go to a car show and ask around for recommendations and the chance to look at work that's been done by the shop, I would try to find someone that the work on the car was several years old, flaws in workmanship may not show for a couple years, for example, I had a mustang vert that needed a quarter, door and fender replacement with a complete repaint, after a couple years paint started to chip where the fender and bumper cover bolted together, also the replacement door started to rust at the bottom, my car was rust free.

Reactions: 1 user
Besides the General's recommendation, I have had good luck going to the " quality" local auto paint store..... The should know everybody who does body and paint locally.........

• Agree
Besides the General's recommendation, I have had good luck going to the " quality" local auto paint store..... The should know everybody who does body and paint locally.........
The General has never failed me in the logic dept.
I'm not too concerned with painting I would actually expect to be able to inspect pre-paint or receive the car raw without paint, but also a very valid point.

Cheers thanks all.

The General has never failed me in the logic dept.
I'm not too concerned with painting I would actually expect to be able to inspect pre-paint or receive the car raw without paint, but also a very valid point.

Cheers thanks all.
Most body and paint people I know do major repairs such as you were asking about.... Thats why I suggested the paint store..

Reactions: 1 users
How do you all restore your fox bodies in Ontario?
I do the work myself. So I don't know a shop to do it. I did see an eBay listing the other day for some repair panels that looked simple and interesting.