Free Mods

unique_username

Jan 1, 2016
I've been living in a hotel for six months and just found out I can cash in my hotel points for Amazon gift cards. I'll have $2500 in free gift cards to spend on my new 2015.

Already ordered the magnaflow cat back. That leaves another $1500 to spend....

As a guy who's ability stops with changing fluids and spark plugs I'm here asking for advise. My bother and father are the mechanical type. Not me. I need to keep my warranty so anything needs to be easily reversible.

I am thinking the following....

1. Steeda pro flow cold air intake....no tune required at 20 hp. This seems like a big claim for no tune.

2. Possibly an sct tuner but when I flash it back to factory can the dealership tell the computer has been tuned?

3. Any cash leftover I want to spend on suspension upgrades. i drive a lot of rural highways and at 100 or so the car gets bouncy. What can I do that won't cause warranty issues.

Obiously I need the strut tower brace but what else can/should I do to get the suspension firmed up without causing issues with the dealership?

This is a premium without performance package

• Sponsors (?)

if you refresh it to stock they won't be able to tell as long as you drive it a Lil bit before you take it in
This I'd dead wrong... the pm records the number of times its been flashed. It doesn't tell you what has been flashed just how many times. For example when your car goes to the dealer for a factory pm update the counter goes up by one. Everytime you load a tune via your tuner it goes up by one.
So load a tune and reload stock tune and the counter is now at 2, this typically isn't a big deal but if something catastrophic happened they could hold this or at least try to hold this against you. With all of the tuning we've done with mine I'm sure the counter reads over 50 at this point, then again my warranty was void at 65 miles :)

This I'd dead wrong... the pm records the number of times its been flashed. It doesn't tell you what has been flashed just how many times. For example when your car goes to the dealer for a factory pm update the counter goes up by one. Everytime you load a tune via your tuner it goes up by one.
So load a tune and reload stock tune and the counter is now at 2, this typically isn't a big deal but if something catastrophic happened they could hold this or at least try to hold this against you. With all of the tuning we've done with mine I'm sure the counter reads over 50 at this point, then again my warranty was void at 65 miles :)
Ahh ok I am sorry for the misinformation because I was misinformed of this also.

Thanks guys. I've kind of settled into the thought of the following setup...

1. Magnaflow street cat back
2. Steeda pro flow cold air intake
3. Maybe a tune
4. Strut tower brace
5. Eibach sway bars
6. Maybe lower 1" with eibach springs

Will a couple sway bars and a strut tower brace fix the body roll I'm feeling at high speed on the highway?

I'm kinda worried about the springs. My brother and dad are like yea...we can do that here at the house. Not sure about that. I think maybe we'll get half way done and run outa beer.

I think that's a good setup for mostly free. It'll all cost about $500 and about 250,000 hotel points.

Thanks guys. I've kind of settled into the thought of the following setup...

1. Magnaflow street cat back
2. Steeda pro flow cold air intake
3. Maybe a tune
4. Strut tower brace
5. Eibach sway bars
6. Maybe lower 1" with eibach springs

Will a couple sway bars and a strut tower brace fix the body roll I'm feeling at high speed on the highway?

I'm kinda worried about the springs. My brother and dad are like yea...we can do that here at the house. Not sure about that. I think maybe we'll get half way done and run outa beer.

I think that's a good setup for mostly free. It'll all cost about $500 and about 250,000 hotel points.
The front sway bar is harder to replace than the springs. The springs will take you about 3 hours to do by yourself and is a very straight forward job, the sway bar in the front is a two person job to finagle it in and back out. I wouldn't be intimidated by either job though, basic hand tools is all you will need along with a spring compressor you can rent for free at the auto parts store.
I personally went with the steeda sway bars and Springs and have been super happy with the outcome.

The front sway bar is harder to replace than the springs. The springs will take you about 3 hours to do by yourself and is a very straight forward job, the sway bar in the front is a two person job to finagle it in and back out. I wouldn't be intimidated by either job though, basic hand tools is all you will need along with a spring compressor you can rent for free at the auto parts store.
I personally went with the steeda sway bars and Springs and have been super happy with the outcome.

Did you have any trouble with the alignment afterward? Did the toe in/out change much?

Did you have any trouble with the alignment afterward? Did the toe in/out change much?
No appreciable difference in the alignment, the only real alignment adjustments we made were in the rear and that is more for the fact of the adjustable toe links that were installed. If you lower the car more than 2 inches you'll run into a camber issue that will need new eccentric bolts for proper alignment

So I installed the magnaflow street cat back. It felt like a bit more power. Or maybe just the noise made me think so.

Then, I got my sct tunner and loaded the sct tune. Really felt some power gains there, but it seemed to run a bit rough.

Then, I installed my Steeda Cold Air Intake and Steeda tune. First thing I noticed was the great sound. Then I drove the car and immediately noticed it seems like it lost power.

I drove out on the highway and it does run about 1 degree cooler at highway speeds but really heats up when I come to a stop.

The car felt a stronger with just the sct tune.