From V6 2 Gt

lbmustang99

Apr 9, 2004
MIA
Well to start off i own a 99 v6 automatic.This is my first mustang considering im only 17.Now in November when i turn 18 im looking foward to getting a 04' gt convertible. Now here is the deal what i wanna know is if to u guys u think the change is worthwhile.Considering gas,power,maintenence and INSURANCE.How much u guys out there paying for insurance i think ima have to put it under my Moms Ins. Thxs and post reply as much as possible. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

lbmustang99 said:
Well to start off i own a 99 v6 automatic.This is my first mustang considering im only 17.Now in November when i turn 18 im looking foward to getting a 04' gt convertible. Now here is the deal what i wanna know is if to u guys u think the change is worthwhile.Considering gas,power,maintenence and INSURANCE.How much u guys out there paying for insurance i think ima have to put it under my Moms Ins. Thxs and post reply as much as possible. :shrug:

It is "worth it" in every sense of the phrase! The way they sound, the beefier look, the power, etc etc.. i could go on forever.

I have only owned v-8 stangs and cannot imagine owning a v-6.....Also, the GTs feel much more stable and planted to the road...although that could be my imagination, but they feel more solid.

I drove a new v-6 (my g/f has one) and an older one and they were both not up to par, to say the least.

As far as insurance goes, since you are young, have yourself as the primary driver of the cheapest non v-8/4X4 vehicle your family owns, and put your mom as the primary driver of the mustang. You'll save a lot of $$ that way. This is, assuming that your ins. company has the same rules as mine.

its worth it. if you look at the piece of paper on the window on cars at the ford dealership youll notice that the v6's and the gt's only have a 2 mph difference in gas milege. insurance was a grip for me at first but then i went to an insurance agent and they gave the cheapest i could find which was 200 a month and im 20. november should be a good time to buy them considering the 05 comes out in september. the power difference is sweet and as far as maintence i havent had any problems, but ive only owned the gt for a month

last time i checked the difference in cost of insurance was couple bucks for me and i'm 23. As for gas costs i used to get 200-220miles per tank on my V6 because i ran it hard so i'll "think" it's a V8. hahahah now on my '02 GT i get 240miles on full tank. Worked out better. ....for me at least.