Front Bumper Lower Mounting Question

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
PO did a crappy job painting the front bumper and it was flaking/chipping. I was waiting to paint it until I grabbed a cowl hood and cobra spoiler, then I came across an oem bumper on Craigslist, painted from the factory in my color. for $50 I had to snag it. I installed it the other day, and i am happy with it, however I had a question about mounting the lower portion of the bumper. the bumper that was on the car was not mounted at all on the bottom, it was just attached to fenders and rad support under hood. I figured that small splash shield in front of oil pan gets removed, and the bumper gets placed behind it, as those bolts lined up with the location on the bumper, however, I was a solid inch or so away from them, even when pushing the bumper back as far as possible. also, there are 2 lines in front of radiator that is hitting the bumper, and preventing it from going further, as well as it kinks up a portion of the bumper. are those lines not supposed to be there, or in the wrong location? thianis my first fox, so if this is dumb, I apologize. any insight is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170828_134451.jpg
    20170828_134451.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20170828_134501.jpg
    20170828_134501.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20170828_134505.jpg
    20170828_134505.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm thinking someone hit something and pushed the bottom part of your core support back and that's why it's not connected. Looks like you are going to have to do some fabrication to get it to mount up like build a bracket that bolts to the core support and then to the bumper to take up the distance. Of course the correct way to fix it is replace the core support, but that's not an easy task.

I'm thinking someone hit something and pushed the bottom part of your core support back and that's why it's not connected. Looks like you are going to have to do some fabrication to get it to mount up like build a bracket that bolts to the core support and then to the bumper to take up the distance. Of course the correct way to fix it is replace the core support, but that's not an easy task.

Great to know. Thank you for info. I will take a closer look next time I get a chance.