Front cobra pbr fitment pads and rotor

oldno7

Mar 27, 2010
So I’m installing cobra pbr duel piston breaks on my fox with sn95 spindles I got hawk HB111b.610 lads and centric 227.61044 rotors My problem is they won’t fit pads seem to be to thick Piston is in as far as it will go old rotors won’t work with pads either Any suggestions on what to do

• Sponsors (?)

If the pads don't fit and the rotors are correct, then the pads must be wrong. You can check this by buying a set f et on th he local parts store. If they don't fit you can return them. If they do fit...you know the pads you hot are wrong.

If the cheap parts store ones don't fit either, then the rotors are the culprit.

If you're using aftermarket lines with stock banjo bolts, the bolts are too long, and may be preventing the pistons from retracting all the way.

Reactions: 1 user
I had this happen with a customer. His bolts going through the brake line were too long causing the pads not to fit. Caliper piston wouldn't go back all the way. Ground the bolts down and no problem.

The thickness issue is usually with rear pads. Gt rotors are solid and cobra rotors are vented in th he rear. The actual calipers are the same ( bracket is different ). Cobras take thinner rear pads shaped exactly like the gt.

So I figured out what was wrong the piston boot was installed wrong They installed the boot then put the piston in The one I did on my side I put the boot on the piston then fitted bottom of boot in caliper and slid piston in and pulled top of boot up with it