• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Front Passenger Brake Line Location

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andrews24
  • Start date Start date Mar 16, 2021

Andrews24

Active Member
Mar 13, 2021
67
29
28
Sylvania, OH
Mar 16, 2021
#1
  • Mar 16, 2021
  • #1
Finished up passenger side but the Maximum Motorsports soft line wont reach the caliper - so I obviously mounted the bracket back in the wrong holes... anyone have a pic where the hard line/soft line bracket connection is?

Pics included
 

Attachments

  • 20210316_222107.webp
    124.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210316_223214.webp
    100.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20210316_223207.webp
    114.1 KB · Views: 137

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,056
224
Massachusetts
Mar 17, 2021
#2
  • Mar 17, 2021
  • #2
That is in fact where it goes
 

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,958
2,939
153
Long Island, NY
Mar 17, 2021
#3
  • Mar 17, 2021
  • #3
Any chance you’re doing front and rear?
Here is a pic of both, with the front being a little bit longer, and less of an angle before the banjo fitting. Maybe you put a rear on the front?
 

Andrews24

Active Member
Mar 13, 2021
67
29
28
Sylvania, OH
Mar 17, 2021
#4
  • Mar 17, 2021
  • #4
Rdub6 said:
Any chance you’re doing front and rear?
Here is a pic of both, with the front being a little bit longer, and less of an angle before the banjo fitting. Maybe you put a rear on the front?
Click to expand...
I just checked and it is MMBK8F that I purchased
 
Reactions: Rdub6

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,056
224
Massachusetts
Mar 17, 2021
#5
  • Mar 17, 2021
  • #5
I have those same MM lines on my car. They are actually made by Stoptech. I found they were a little bit short. I'm running coil-overs, so as part of that install insctructions I had to relocate the brake line mount rearward about 1-2" or so to get clearance around the coil-over. But even with that done, it's a tight fit and I wish I could have had an extra 1-2" of line length.

Take a look at this thread. Further down in the first post he explains how it moves the front brake line back 2" or so for clearance. That's how my brake line setup is done and I can make the lines work.

Installing MM K-member A-arms Coilovers on my 92

...a photo documentary of sorts, now that I just got done installing MMKMP-10 K-member kit with Delrin bushings for 90-93 cars with Koni's : Actually I'm only really documenting the things that aren't documented in Maximum Motorsports' very thorough and well-illustrated instructions, which...
forums.corral.net

Unfortunately I do not have any good pics of my install on my phone to post now. I can try and get some later
 
Reactions: Andrews24

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,958
2,939
153
Long Island, NY
Mar 17, 2021
#6
  • Mar 17, 2021
  • #6
Andrews24 said:
I just checked and it is MMBK8F that I purchased
Click to expand...
I’ve learned too many times (the hard way) to just look at the simple stuff first. Figured it was worth a shot.
 
Reactions: Andrews24
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Brakes Front Brake Hardline Routing
  • 93Nifty
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
196
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 12, 2026
93Nifty
Brakes Sealant for passenger side brake line fitting? (Weatherhead 7828)
  • dan50
  • Nov 9, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
319
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 12, 2025
dan50
Sponsored New J&M Release: 2024+ S650 Full Front + Rear Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
  • MRaburn
  • Mar 6, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
410
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Mar 6, 2026
MRaburn
Sponsored New J&M Release: 2024+ S650 MagneRide Front Brake Lines
  • MRaburn
  • Mar 6, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
204
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Mar 6, 2026
MRaburn
A
SN95 Hydroboost in a Fox | Brake lines
  • arc_jpiv
  • Sep 4, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
399
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 14, 2026
2000xp8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?