FRPP 2V Alum Intake (pics)

• Sponsors (?)

SilverBullet00 said:
Well I have a job that takes up a lot of my time, it just doesnt pay very well. I need to graduate college, then the mods will come :)
I hear ya...I drove a beater 85rx7 until i was done college(95) then I had the money to buy the extra stuff. As soon as your finished it will payoff then you can get some good stuff...just get it before you buy a house cause then you'll put your mod money into pools/grills etc...

droptopponynj said:
you guys need to start a e-mail campaign. Get all the 99 up guys to start emailing Ford Racing Parts and asking for an install kit. Get enough interest and they just might do it.

That sounds like a good idea. I would defiantly be interested.

I called Ford Racing again today...they said that they're probably going to just remove the little note that says "will fit 99-up with appropriate hardware kit"...he said it looks like they've failed at trying to produce one, and there's no current idea to design an install kit for the 99-up....my mechanic wants me to start lookin for a used KB....cuz he doesn't wanna have to do any fab work to make the alternator work.

SilverBullet00 said:
dont tease me :(

Be sure to post pics of the install. I want to see what all needs to be done on the 99+ cars, im now very interested in this little guy!
Most of my install will be done outside of the car. I'm building a new motor then topping it off with this blower. but i'll take pics as i build it.

droptopponynj said:
Most of my install will be done outside of the car. I'm building a new motor then topping it off with this blower. but i'll take pics as i build it.
You're going to want to install the engine, before bolting on the blower. Otherwise, where are you going to screw in the fasteners for the lift hooks to lower the engine into place? I clued into this fact all too late with my Allen. Had it all mounted on, looking pretty, then realized that the plate for my engine lift needed to bolt into the heads in order to pick the engine up off of the stand and lower it into the car. :bang: Feel free to mock it up before hand, to make sure everything is where it should be, but save the install until the engine has been bolted into place.....just saving you a little time and aggravation. :D

Gearbanger 101 said:
You're going to want to install the engine, before bolting on the blower. Otherwise, where are you going to screw in the fasteners for the lift hooks to lower the engine into place? I clued into this fact all too late with my Allen. Had it all mounted on, looking pretty, then realized that the plate for my engine lift needed to bolt into the heads in order to pick the engine up off of the stand and lower it into the car. :bang: Feel free to mock it up before hand, to make sure everything is where it should be, but save the install until the engine has been bolted into place.....just saving you a little time and aggravation. :D
the drivers side wasnt bad removing the bolt, the passanger side was a bit harder but still came out unbolting from under the car. was on a 4V homie :D

Most of the guys I talk to tell me its easier to lift the car off the engine/trans. They say its actually faster if you have the lift/tools. So i'm just leaning towards that angle...and i'll throw some caster/camber plates in and maybe the MM front coil over since it would need to be realigned anyway. But i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.