Lower intake bolts felt loose

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
Ok guys my car was sounding like a truck(some sort of exhaust leak) wasn’t successful with the smoke machine,car fires up codes 85,10,11,passed compression test went through whole cranks no start and surging ideal checklist and I got back to my lower intake and some bolts felt loose. Can say how loose but some were tight and some weren’t . Well now I’m gonna redone the lower but think that was why my car was lean wouldn’t stay on unless I held gas, start then shut off and the truck sound?

• Sponsors (?)

Also I think when I installed the lower I put the rtv on block and gaskets with rods in the corners set the lower in place and then lifted it back up and installed it back on. :( Weird thing is coolant wasent mixing with oil

Only ports I use sealant on are the coolant ports and on the ends between the bock and lower intake. Haven’t used gaskets there in years. You need to torque the intake, let it sit for a bit and then retorque. Heat cycle the motor and retorque

I will say that studding the lower intake to the heads has greatly reduced any issues I had in the past.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks to all I think I got problem resolved! Car stays on afr ok I guess but it’s running like it was before. I redid the lower intake gasket and replaced pvc valve even thou the one on there was pretty new maybe it was defective who knows. Now I can start saving up for sve heads for my 92 gt and work on that car. No more rides to and from work. Thank you all for helping me I know I made so many posts but at the end it was worth it. I almost gave up on my car and that’s what keeps my mind busy. Again thanks